Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FMNF

Default FMNF

HUGER, S.C. (WCSC) - Berkeley County deputies say the search for a wanted fugitive has centered on the Francis Marion National Forest.

Michael Burham is wanted for kidnapping and rape and is a suspect in a homicide, authorities say.

Sheriff Duane Lewis told reporters Tuesday afternoon that deputies patrolling the area after a 911 call from Huger reported a possible sighting encountered what he called “a suspicious suspect” on a bicycle on Halfway Creek Road.

“They were asking questions. He was being real evasive, and at that point, they determined that he actually was the suspect that all the law enforcement agencies in the Lowcountry are looking for,” Lewis said. “We had a brief foot pursuit with him in the woods here at the Francis Marion National Forest. At one point, we did deploy the Taser. He did escape from the immediate area.”

Since then, Lewis said they have brought in multiple agencies including the FBI, the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, North Charleston Police and the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office, among others.

Lewis said Burham is 35 years old, 5-feet, 9-inches tall and weighs 150 pounds and was last seen wearing blue shorts and a gray shirt. He has longer facial hair than pictured in the previously-released photos, Lewis said.

Residents should avoid the area while the search is continuing.

Lewis said Burham is a suspect in a murder and in a sexual assault in New York State. He is also wanted in a kidnapping investigation in North Charleston.

North Charleston Police responded Sunday afternoon to a business on Rivers Avenue where two people said they were kidnapped by Burnam. The victims told police they live in Pennsylvania and that Burnam kidnapped them and drove them to North Charleston.

Lewis said Burham is considered armed and dangerous and urged people to be on the lookout.

“It’s a large area and we have a lot of assets here,” he said. “We’re not stopping. We’re going to keep on going.” He said there are many people on the scene involved in the ongoing search.

Anyone who sees him should not approach but immediately call 911 or 1-800-CALL-FBI.

https://www.live5news.com/2023/05/23...m-near-forest/

i bet he can cover some ground after a hit off the meth pipe.
    Windows Down!

You keep him in the FMNF for 2-3 days and he'll give up. Mother nature will run him out.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I hope they encircle the area like a deer drive and he gets to spend a few nights in the forest. I doubt he thought ahead and brought any bug spray with him.

He gonna quickly regret running into the woods this time of year with just shorts and a t-shirt on.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I hope they encircle the area like a deer drive and he gets to spend a few nights in the forest. I doubt he thought ahead and brought any bug spray with him.
    The amount and level of response has been pretty big. Steady flow of law enforcement running code all day headed that direction down clements ferry road. Areas of halfway, steed creek, guerins bridge shut down at times not sure if it is still. I would say I probably saw 30+ vehicles responding from 5-6 agencies as well as 2 helicopters.
    Not sure how he has evaded for so long running into the area he did unless he was able to hit a road quickly and get a ride. There is some big blocks of woods but I don’t see how you dodge the number of canines etc that are deployed in the area.

To my knowledge he is still on the run. Have not gotten any updates from LEO friends in the last hour or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was out there all afternoon at my place running the tractor and wondering what the dang helicopters were doing and why there were 6 cops in a P.O.S van hiding at sewee outpost. Didn’t know until I got home. Shame he didn’t come visit with me!

If it was only Turkey season, I’m sure he would park his bike 50yds from my truck, walk in and start constant loud yelping, then I could lead LE right to him.

When he gets to jail he will have one hell of a tail to tell about the mosquitos. All they, the boys in blue have to do is wait it out. I'm with CatDADDY
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I still have 5 cell cams out there from turkey season. Maybe I'll get lucky.

^^^^Murse?

murse
    a man-purse. very fashion-forward right now, seen on many hipster guys. the line between a messenger bag and murse is very fluid - typically a murse is a bit smaller than a traditional messenger, and may have a slightly more stylized look to

Not your local meth head. A fugitive out of New York wanted for Rape, suspected homicide and arson. Wanted on kidnapping charges out of North Charleston as 2 people reported to be abducted by him in PA and driven to north Charleston. He was featured on a Most Wanted segment on On Patrol Live this past weekend.

https://fb.watch/kJBM3sT-hB/
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    ^^^^Murse?

murse
    a man-purse. very fashion-forward right now, seen on many hipster guys. the line between a messenger bag and murse is very fluid - typically a murse is a bit smaller than a traditional messenger, and may have a slightly more stylized look to
    It's not a purse it's a satchel

I feel so much safer now that the FBI is involved.

Catdaddy's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    I feel so much safer now that the FBI is involved.
    Thought the same thing. 95% of the people involved likely have no local knowledge
    Of the area and have never been in the fmnf or the woods in general.

Maybe they can call the kid that got lost and the bicyclist bunch found him. He may have found a good hide out while meandering around in there.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I thought this was gonna be about how I feel about Monday Night football
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    It's not a purse it's a satchel
    I appreciated your efforts.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master