Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bass Pro thief

Default Bass Pro thief

Saw this on another site, Crazy times.

Is that a portable toilet that he's making off with?
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Good thing, his coworkers had his back.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

My son witnessed a repeat store dasher as he was entering.
    Employees followed to door but stopped.
    Son asked if they wanted him dragged back (which he would have enjoyed doing).
    They said negative, can't touch him.
    Then the guy drove by the doors 30 seconds later like it was just another day.
    LEO's don't even bother make an appearance anymore.

this is an everyday thing in big box retail, thugs know the stores have a "no confrontation" policy.
    Lay your hands on one of these criminals and you will be fired most likely

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    this is an everyday thing in big box retail, thugs know the stores have a "no confrontation" policy.
    Wonder if that goes for the gun counter too?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

There are a lot of opportunists out there and it's well worth it for a big box to accept the shrink/loss instead of confronting a thief...I think the thieving types know that they can get an even bigger payout if they 'suffered an injury' if they were to be detained by a store employee and they can sue the retailer..pretty sad.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Yep watch a guy roll buggy out with winch and paint sprayer out of harbor freight
    Ask why no one did anything they said they can’t
    Said guy was a regular also comes in all the time and does it

Public flogging comes to mind.

Saw an article where employees were fired for simply videotaping shoplifters.

And we bitch because prices are high.

There are opportunists but there is also organized crime involved. Have a friend that’s security director for a national clothing retailer. The scope of theft is staggering. But, he will put your ass in jail, just not at the store.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Sad but the store chain’s thoughts are a workers comp claim is gonna cost more than something being stolen

Sad the LEO’s do not do anything, video evidence and I am sure cameras in parking lot for tag numbers.

Probably gonna get worse till some Mom n Pop stores start dropping them in their tracks and stuffing a pistol in their hand

Spartanburg had one hooked up a couple weeks ago at Lowe's. Didn't get to witness the first part, but got a laugh at the man trying to explain his way out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    There are a lot of opportunists out there and it's well worth it for a big box to accept the shrink/loss instead of confronting a thief...I think the thieving types know that they can get an even bigger payout if they 'suffered an injury' if they were to be detained by a store employee and they can sue the retailer..pretty sad.
    sad, my ass. Its ludicrous. It must stop. We sit around posting really stupid videos (sorry, that one was boring since no one got punched) while doing NOTHING.

I dont accept the "its factored in the profit/loss spreadsheet" bullshit. IMO it harkens back to the RIOTS during covid. the precedent was set. looters have feelings. screw that. its time we called it was it is. BAD BEHAVIOR and AGAINST THE LAW. its high time we did something about it.

and you cant get a workers comp claim if you steal shit. let's stop pretending to justify this bullshit. stop it now. just stop being idiots. every damn one of you.

except scatter
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    sad, my ass. Its ludicrous. It must stop. We sit around posting really stupid videos (sorry, that one was boring since no one got punched) while doing NOTHING.

I dont accept the "its factored in the profit/loss spreadsheet" bullshit. IMO it harkens back to the RIOTS during covid. the precedent was set. looters have feelings. screw that. its time we called it was it is. BAD BEHAVIOR and AGAINST THE LAW. its high time we did something about it.

and you cant get a workers comp claim if you steal shit. let's stop pretending to justify this bullshit. stop it now. just stop being idiots. every damn one of you.

except scatter
    I think he was referring to the scenario where an employee gets injured trying to stop a POS from stealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

well thats still stupid
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

well thats still stupid
    Can not disagree but fact of life, they look at it as which way is cheapest way out

Once POS’s realize this it will get worse, plus I am sure some companies are worried they are profiling customers and more lawsuits will come.

Sad world we live in

Entitled is what the biden people call it. Never really heard of this until the mean tweet man got screwed outa the election.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Are these people randomly stealing, stealing shit they need, or stealing valuable things to resell on ebay? Surely there is a smart fence giving them a shopping list by now...

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Spartanburg had one hooked up a couple weeks ago at Lowe's. Didn't get to witness the first part, but got a laugh at the man trying to explain his way out of it.
    If he was "detained" it was because the store's loss prevention person caught him. They are the only one allowed to "stop" someone
    if they personally witnessed the selecting of the merchandise, the concealment, the avoiding of payment and maintained uninterrupted
    surveillance the entire time. They cant stop someone based another employees word. Most stores don't have an LP person anymore, but a few do.
    One bad "stop" is an instant $10,000 payout and loss of job. Women steal 10x more than men.
    I was a Regional Director of 118 stores in big box retail for many years for a big company and they write of the merchandise missing at physical inventory
    on the P&L as "shrink". Usually runs anywhere from 1% to 5%
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-11-2023 at 08:31 AM.

Another step towards Anarchy.

The best solution to cut this stuff out cold is to start utilizing the force necessary to make theft a potentially life ending risk. Property crimes of any kind cost all of us in the long term.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.