Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abortion ban goes to McMaster for signature

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Actually if you want to take what ever you should be able too. Why should the government be able to tell you what you can take. Do you own your body or does the government? As long as you aren't hurting anyone else, in the process. And before that issue is somehow twisted into the abortion debate, I'm of the opinion there are 2 different people involved so it isnt just one person making a decision.
    What if someone has what I want? Why is their right to it greater than mine? Why are you trying to legislate my morality? I have no regard for what that person wants, it is solely about what I want.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    What if someone has what I want? Why is their right to it greater than mine? Why are you trying to legislate my morality? I have no regard for what that person wants, it is solely about what I want.
    “Vices are those acts by which a man harms himself or his property. Crimes are those acts by which one man harms the person or property of another.” You have total autonomy of your body, not the government or anyone else.

You know like laying a gun on the ground long enough to take a pic.........
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

If you reverse engineer the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights, the sole intended purpose of our Federal Government is to protect the life, health, liberties and property of the US Citizenry from all enemies, foreign and domestic. It certainly seems like a Constitutional conflict between the liberties of the mother and the life of the unborn. I don't know how to resolve that.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    “Vices are those acts by which a man harms himself or his property. Crimes are those acts by which one man harms the person or property of another.” You have total autonomy of your body, not the government or anyone else.

You know like laying a gun on the ground long enough to take a pic.........
    So you don't want the government to tell anyone what they can and can't do, but now you are going to quote something and use it to tell me what I can and can't do?

It's disappointing that we even have to hop down this bunny trail. I get the sentiment, we all hate government overreach and it is abundant today. But all civilization is governed by something or someone. A polite society needs governance to avoid chaos so that individuals can prosper. If you want true lawlessness, I suggest you try Africa, maybe you can link up with some rebels and fight the opposing rebels over the last elephant turd in the jungle.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I’m not advocating for anarchy
    I’m merely stating the government has no control over your autonomy we aren’t in the USSR or CCP

We are suppose to be in the USA.

Yes we need laws
    That isn’t what I’m saying.

Our society is built on the rule law.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

But that's not what Turbo and Dr. Duck were discussing and what I was replying to.

It's ok, we've derailed this thread already, no reason you can't too. How's the dandelion population going?

Regardless of whether you believe it is right or wrong, there is one absolute with abortion, when one is performed a human baby dies.

Sure, sure.

So we all should drive on whatever side of the road we want as fast as we want? Take what we want? Kill who we want? And do whatever suits our fancy with no limits? That's what you are both saying, right?
    What I'm saying is this:

There is no man or woman (as of 5/31/22) on this planet that can tell me what to do. That ship sailed the day Big Mama died. The trend started when daddy died in 2015.

Right and wrong is easy. Jesus sets the standard on murder, lies, and other wrongdoings. Following a standard of which side of the road is a bad analogy. Driving safely is another bad analogy.

So, what do I need from the .gov?
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I think turbo is saying folks with a conscience don't need nannying.

Law is punitive in nature, though it is also instructive about what's acceptable in our society. I think it was Paul who said that law isn't for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels. Accountability and consequences.

The Haight-Ashbury movement tried to have a free love no rules garden of Eden. Even the hippies who were there said paradise lasted only a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post

So, what do I need from the .gov?
    You need the government to ensure that others adhere to what normal people consider right and wrong. Whether or not your current government does that efficiently is up for debate but to make the argument that you don't need any government is silly and not well thought out, it's downright ignorant chest-thumping rhetoric. Governing bodies are not inherently evil, God established governing bodies within the church, elders are put in place to lead and guide the body of the church, Christ being the head of the church. So it would stand to reason that if those who profess Christ have the need for order and governance surely the outside world which has no set point of moral absolution would all the more need a governing body to ensure that the rights of well-being citizens are not infringed by the outliers and lawless debauchers.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 05-24-2023 at 01:29 PM.

its just not feasible.
    period.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You need the government to ensure that others adhere to what normal people consider right and wrong. Whether or not your current government does that efficiently is up for debate but to make the argument that you don't need any government is silly and not well thought out, it's downright ignorant chest-thumping rhetoric. Governing bodies are not inherently evil, God established governing bodies within the church, elders are put in place to lead and guide the body of the church. So it would stand to reason that if those who profess Christ have the need for order and governance surely the outside world which has no set point of moral absolution would all the more need a governing body to ensure that the rights of well-being citizens are not infringed by the outliers and lawless debauchers.
    define "normal people."
    its those that agree with you.
    like me and everlast arguing info.
    we cant both be right.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Our constitution only works for Godly men. It will not work for the wicked.

I agree you need some form of government to protect its citizens.

But not protect citizens from them selves.

Assuming they are from under their parents roof.

That doesn’t give the parent the right to kill the child.

But a set of standards is perfectly acceptable and reasonable all things considered.

Ok back to the topic it hand

Is Fog Horn leg horn expected to sign this and is the SC Supreme Court gonna throw a temper tantrum?0
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

But that's not what Turbo and Dr. Duck were discussing and what I was replying to.

It's ok, we've derailed this thread already, no reason you can't too. How's the dandelion population going?
    Not sure on the dandelions I was loading coastal up with QDMA beans!

Thanks for asking

Been weedeating around the skeet towers and spraying those.

Will probably wait till after this rain clears out to spray the big fields.

I hate it’s gonna rain with my daughter graduating Friday.

Be a little chilly looking at the forecast and wet to go get on the water.

I believe they moved the marlin tournament back a day if I’m not mistaken
    But I believe the weather is gonna get worse as the week goes on.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

I am prolife but every day I come in contact with people who make me see why we need forced castration. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    define "normal people."
    its those that agree with you.
    like me and everlast arguing info.
    we cant both be right.
    I have no idea what you two are arguing about but it probably ain't normal. Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    I am prolife but every day I come in contact with people who make me see why we need forced castration. Carry on.
    Didnt you say something about condoms and something being the answer to our problems?

Did you ever get that quote?

I'm more determined than ever to make that happen!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

You need the government to ensure that others adhere to what normal people consider right and wrong. Whether or not your current government does that efficiently is up for debate but to make the argument that you don't need any government is silly and not well thought out, it's downright ignorant chest-thumping rhetoric. Governing bodies are not inherently evil, God established governing bodies within the church, elders are put in place to lead and guide the body of the church, Christ being the head of the church. So it would stand to reason that if those who profess Christ have the need for order and governance surely the outside world which has no set point of moral absolution would all the more need a governing body to ensure that the rights of well-being citizens are not infringed by the outliers and lawless debauchers.
    Call it chest thumping if you'd like. Silly too, if it makes you feel better. But, I don't need a soul to tell me what to do and what not to do and I sure don't NEED the government's help solving my problems. I've got that handled.

ETA: I might need YOUR help. Or 2fer's. But, I don't need government in the sense that we know of it today.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    its just not feasible.
    period.
    I hear you. Scary and infeasible are not the same thing, however.
    Last edited by turbo; 05-24-2023 at 02:06 PM.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Turbo for President.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Call it chest thumping if you'd like. Silly too, if it makes you feel better. But, I don't need a soul to tell me what to do and what not to do and I sure don't NEED the government's help solving my problems. I've got that handled.

ETA: I might need YOUR help. Or 2fer's. But, I don't need government in the sense that we know of it today.
    You may not need them to tell YOU what to do. But you do need them to make sure that others around you adhere to the same standard, no? Isn't that how we maintain a polite society? Everyone follows and operates within a defined set of rules or morals, if you will, so that all may interact and conduct business and life in a cohesive manner. Surely your household has rules? This is presuming that you are at least married. If not married, then maybe you have a dog and you expect that dog to follow a set of rules so that you two can cohabitate and get along.

I am not saying that the american gov't is perfect, far from it. But any group of people larger than one must agree and follow a certain set of standards or rules or ethics in order that all may get along. We allow or place people in authority to enforce those rules. If you were to enforce the standards you believe on others, you have become the judge and the law yourself. This is nothing new. It goes back to the simplest forms of society.