Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor on the Street

Default Rumor on the Street

Actually, it’s not a rumor just hasn’t been published. Red Snapper Season will be July 14th and 15th. Should be announced soon. Wind will be blowing 30+ and waves will be 8ft @ 1.5sec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screw Atlantic Snappers. Mine will come from trips to the Gulf.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

It’s such a joke. Just go any other day and keep 2. Drive a couple circles at 2.9 miles on the way out. That spot just happened to be loaded with em.
    More Ducks, Less People

Does anybody really give a shit about these 2 days? NOAA and there nonsense is a joke.
    "run and gun guide service"

What really bothers me about the whole situation is that there is an obvious disconnect between the “science” and what anglers are actually seeing. In makes my blood boil that they have that much power and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. How do we create change???

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    What really bothers me about the whole situation is that there is an obvious disconnect between the “science” and what anglers are actually seeing. In makes my blood boil that they have that much power and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. How do we create change???

Better start with the dumbass's in Washington first and work down. Good Luck
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

email your rep?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Class action FU. Advertise it get everybody on board. Have everybody willing to catch a fish make sure DNR knows it's going to happen, where and when people are going to stop to take a ticket. Have the news crew there. It'll get attention from the outrage. I've been saying it for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I get your frustration Wilk but I've always lol'ed at suing the .gov folks. Like they give a flip.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I went to a hearing in west Ashley a few months ago. There were 5 citizens in attendance.

I hope none of you take a pic with a hook pointed near one of those fishes mouth!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    I went to a hearing in west Ashley a few months ago. There were 5 citizens in attendance.
    I think people have just thrown up their hands. I listened to a call a few months ago and they acknowledged that the fishery is healthy but stated that the “breading stock” is not where it needs to be. If the fishery is healthy, how can that be true?

It’s also asinine that we are grouped in with Florida. It’s 2 different fisheries.

Yeah that was the consensus. They also only do counts on their own research reefs and don’t take any data outside of the DNR studies which sound understaffed.

Pretty sure the only reason people care about snapper is because the government says they can’t do it.

Yeah that was the consensus. They also only do counts on their own research reefs and don’t take any data outside of the DNR studies which sound understaffed.
    I believe it is NOAA data/studies they are using, not DNR

Robinhood was created by shitty game laws.

Be a Robin.

#BeRobin
    #notbatmanslover

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    I believe it is NOAA data/studies they are using, not DNR
    They use NOAA counts from the gulf combined with DNR studies locally was my comprehension.

SAFMC is the policy maker. There is an interesting video out made by Stephen Goldfinch on a dive, he and Englis Glover talk about the impact that the schools of ARS and Amberjack are having on these reefs. Grouper, BSB, Hogfish, lobster, vemillions etc are being wiped out. Once they've decimated the reef, they move on to the next one. The SAFMC uses Chevron traps to collect their samples, that is why they are saying the breeding stock is not up to acceptable levels, the only issue is that an ARS over 15-18# will not fit in their traps so they have no idea how many of those fish exist. Another excuse you hear in the video is that we don't have a season because we are catching too many of them, seriously. Then there is the being grouped with Florida and their fishery.

This entire thing could be solved by separating NC/SC/GA from Florida and letting each state issue tags with licenses and pay for extra if desired. Being caught with an untagged fish would carry stiff penalties; loss of privileges, loss of gear, loss of boat, heavy fine. All proceeds and tag fees go to research and habitat.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

They use NOAA counts from the gulf combined with DNR studies locally was my comprehension.
    Our fishery has nothing to do with the GOM.

The DNR girl down at Georgetown Landing meets us at the boat about every time we come in. Her first question was how many ARS did you catch and release. The day I said 27, she asked me to repeat that again like she couldn't believe it. How many grouper, none the ARS ate them, how many BSB, none the ARS ate them, we have triggers, pinkies and B-liners. It's always fun to tell them you released a 25# fish on a descending device and a tiger shark ate it too.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Screw Atlantic Snappers. Mine will come from trips to the Gulf.
    I'm leaving tomorrow night for camp. I gave my Cajun buddies my blessing to catch my limit. Season opens Friday.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill