Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fork Grove BBQ , Anderson NEW BBQ

Gonna be camping up the lake next weekend. Might have to ride down and give it a go.

Dropped in for a visit Saturday evening. Wife had pulled pork plate, beans, that cheesy hashbrown stuff and a tea. I had half rack plate with beans, slaw and water. Total was right at $40, I didn’t look to be sure so I got out for under $50 with tip.

Wife made no comment so that’s a positive.

Me: ribs themselves were outstanding, couldn’t have possibly been cooked better, but……not a fan of the rub, too salty. Beans were just beans, nothing special. It said “bbq beans” but that must’ve been a decision Bush’s made because I’m pretty certain these were straight out of a can. The slaw was slaw, kind of a hybrid really, but leaning heavily towards just slaw. Everything was the expected temperature.

Brisket was perfect when we were down at the lake 2 weekends ago. Everyone else had the pork and said it was some of the best they’ve had. I agree, sides were sides. Nothing to write home about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stared at the brisket getting sliced for the folks in front of me and almost got swayed. Don’t know how it tasted, but it looked good.

AF14D1F7-D3F9-478F-B516-2EE3A754200F.jpg
    Swung by Thursday for lunch and im gunna tell ya those burnt ends and sausage link were amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Ha Ha, one of the most memorable scenes in an awesome movie.

I showed this to my son when he was just a little guy. He laughed so hard it had me crying. My wife was not as amused as we were

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    AF14D1F7-D3F9-478F-B516-2EE3A754200F.jpg
    Swung by Thursday for lunch and im gunna tell ya those burnt ends and sausage link were amazing.
    That is a perfect lunch right there

Any beans in that tub or just bean juice? Outside of that. Looks delicious.

Damn they have Lonestar. That’s amazing in itself

Meats look good. Do they have Lonestar?

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    Damn they have Lonestar. That’s amazing in itself
    Do not think he has it anymore

If I am correct you can not buy Lonestar in SC, just like Coors back when I was in college. Drive across lake to Hartwell GA and buy all you want
    Last edited by tprice; 07-18-2023 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Do not think he has it anymore

If I am correct you can not buy Lonestar in SC, just like Coors back when I was in college. Drive across lake to Hartwell GA and buy all you want
    Kinda like 30 racks instead of cases

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    Any beans in that tub or just bean juice? Outside of that. Looks delicious.

Do not think I have tried his beans, gonna be hard to beat Circle M’s

Normally get the Mexican corn and slaw I am not a big slaw eater but his is ok to me, again love Circle M’s marinated slaw

Cheesy has brown is good but I try my best to stay away from potato’s (but damn that is hard to do )

Ribs are good, never had tried them but few weeks ago got one of his Cow Poke plates and brought it home for wife and I Flavor of his ribs is not over powered by a damn sauce but has just enough to taste it. Cooked perfect

Damn y’all done made me hungry, might have to head out there for lunch today
    Last edited by tprice; 07-21-2023 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Do not think I have tried his beans, gonna be hard to beat Circle M’s

Normally get the Mexican corn and slaw I am not a big slaw eater but his is ok to me, again love Circle M’s marinated slaw

Cheesy has brown is good but I try my best to stay away from potato’s (but damn that is hard to do )

Ribs are good, never had tried them but few weeks ago got one of his Cow Poke plates and brought it home for wife and I Flavor of his ribs is not over powered by a damn sauce but has just enough to taste it. Cooked perfect

Damn y’all done made me hungry, might have to head out there for lunch today
    Marion’s beans and slaw were both in a league of their own, just like his chicken which we’ve already discussed.

Speaking of the amount of sauce in the beans, I was kinda jealous when I saw that. I like to toss some bbq in with them and stir it up.

Chicken is chicken. It can be good but nobody goes to a bbq joint for chicken. We want the red stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You never had Marion’s chicken. When you got done with his chicken everything near you would be red,

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You never had Marion’s chicken. When you got done with his chicken everything near you would be red,
    BINGO

In fact Dylan told me he is still “working” on chicken before he puts it on the menu.

Tater is right.

Have not been to Circle M in couple months but new owners have been doing great job every time I went by there.

Clemson O Line was all there last Saturday. Dylan said they almost wiped him out

Don’t care if you a Tiger or a Coot, great food is Great food

IMG_2260.jpg

Ol' boy ain't built for mid-drift shirts.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master