Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha F70 “upper casing”

I was actually on the Waccamaw when this happened. But I put in all over the place so I hear you. I’m more worried about having trouble in NI or somewhere like that.

Wish I would have turned around and took a look at what I hit. Had an odd sound to it, almost seemed like I could hear the prop chop through it. Looking behind the boat as I was going my initial thought was a dead alligator.

Really was a mild hit though.

It’s remote steer.

Prop ok?

I'd call the insurance people and tell them you had a strike that damaged your lower unit. Boat is still operable but you're concerned about the integrity of lower unit. They'll probably ask you if you want to file a claim or not. Ask them what happens if you do, and what happens if you dont. If you choose the welding shop route, at least you have a record of the call.

If you've got a trolling motor you can deploy to get somewhere safe or out of a log jam on a dumping BPD I would probably chase that route.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

there should be a dad joke in here somewhere....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I'd get it to a shop and have the guy give it a stern look.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

You dont want it to turn into a major oar-deal.

If it does break down on you, I know a great dock, that's been pier reviewed.

Prop is fine. I admit it’s a strange problem. I could hear the boys at the dealer talking crap while they thought I was on hold as if I wasn’t being honest about what happened.

My beagle waddled out while I was looking at it the other day. I said “Dang Blue can you believe this? Basically a brand new boat.”
    All he said is “ruff”. I reckon he agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    If it does break down on you, I know a great dock, that's been pier reviewed.
    You ever find your floating dock that someone borrowed?

Negative. I saw on marketplace someone on the waccamaw was selling a couple of "parted out" docks for floats and decking boards shortly afterwards. They were close to busbee. They would never agree to a meet time.

Sometimes I think I’m the most unluncky, blessed man there is.

Storm came through over the weekend. Lightning knocked out some stuff around the house.
    Now I’m finding out it appears to have got to my boat that was plugged in inside the garage charging. Fried the on board charger so I replaced it. Had the trolling motor batteries checked they’re good. 24v up to the trolling motor plug but Riptide Ipilot will not turn on.

Anyone know a good Minn Kota repair shop in the area? Want to see what the damage is before considering getting insurance involved. Just filed a claim on this casing a couple months ago don’t care to do it again.

Thanks.

There's a guy that works on them that I think is in Socastee. I'll check with my dad tomorrow and see if I can get a name and number for you. He fixed his Minn Kota Ultrex a couple months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    Sometimes I think I’m the most unluncky, blessed man there is.

Storm came through over the weekend. Lightning knocked out some stuff around the house.
    Now I’m finding out it appears to have got to my boat that was plugged in inside the garage charging. Fried the on board charger so I replaced it. Had the trolling motor batteries checked they’re good. 24v up to the trolling motor plug but Riptide Ipilot will not turn on.

Anyone know a good Minn Kota repair shop in the area? Want to see what the damage is before considering getting insurance involved. Just filed a claim on this casing a couple months ago don’t care to do it again.

Thanks.
    Good luck on the trolling motor. Wish I could help.

Was the juice worth the squeeze filing a claim on the casing?

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    There's a guy that works on them that I think is in Socastee. I'll check with my dad tomorrow and see if I can get a name and number for you. He fixed his Minn Kota Ultrex a couple months ago.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Good luck on the trolling motor. Wish I could help.

Was the juice worth the squeeze filing a claim on the casing?
    Saved me $1600 so I think so.

Nice. Out of curiosity how much is your policy per month? How long have you owned the boat?

It’s $160 a year and I bought the boat new 2 years ago.

Dang man. Is your gas motor ok?

And there's a good one (or used to be) up here in the midlands. If you dont find a repairman up your way, I'll mule it for you.

I believe so BB. On board charger was only hooked to the trolling motor batteries. Plus the battery master switch was off. Hopefully those two things prevented damage to the power pole and outboard. Motor starts but haven’t ran it yet. Life’s been a pain in the ass lately.

What’s the details on the used trolling motor?