Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Tacomas

Default 2024 Tacoma

Last edited by 3 1/2" MAGUM; 05-19-2023 at 09:46 AM.

326 hp in that TRD sounds awful fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Can’t wait to see the starting prices. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    Can’t wait to see the starting prices. Lol
    No doubt. I'm sure they will be nice but i'm glad i bought one in 2021

A base model 2023 starts at $38,000 for crew cab from what I've seen in 4x4. I just can't. That's almost $800 a month if you finance with where interest rates are nowadays for 5 years.

I saw some article that the TRD Pro is coming with "suspension seats". I mean at what point do people stop paying $70k and $100k for a taco or tundra? Nobody that spends that amount of money is ever going to take the vehicle in a situation where they need adjustable air ride suspension seats.

But i know some dude is gonna buy it, throw on some bfg's, a bed rack with a roof top tent. On the side will be traction boards, and a couple of modern day jerry cans, a little shovel, and a tiny unuseable ladder. He is gonna wear shorts with a 1" inseam and say things like "overlanding brah" while in the parking lot of his local cars and coffee meet.

I see Tacomas like that daily up here. Some overland, majority just ride around with all their accessories for other people to see.

Tacoma would be good back up or special purpose truck for getting to tight places..everyone that I know that hunts eventually gets out of them because you eventually run out of room for stuff. Dogs and gear.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I see Tacomas like that daily up here. Some overland, majority just ride around with all their accessories for other people to see.
    My neighbor owns Asheville Vehicle Outfitters. They put all that stuff on Jeeps/Trucks. They go on some really cool looking trips to actually use their equipment.

I wish tgey were just like the tacomas of old. 4cyl, 5 speed with 31” mud tires and go anywhere. Just a plain ol 4x4 truck that you arent scared to use for what it is intended. Manual windows, vinyl floorboards a/c and a radio. You dont need anything else in a truck.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

^^^ you just described a base model work truck from yester year.
    Nowadays that's considered an upgrade which equals special order which equals more $$$
    Last edited by scatter shot; 05-20-2023 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I wish tgey were just like the tacomas of old. 4cyl, 5 speed with 31” mud tires and go anywhere. Just a plain ol 4x4 truck that you arent scared to use for what it is intended. Manual windows, vinyl floorboards a/c and a radio. You dont need anything else in a truck.
    I've always said with the prices of new trucks, someone needs to go the other way. Try and make the most affordable basic truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    I saw some article that the TRD Pro is coming with "suspension seats". I mean at what point do people stop paying $70k and $100k for a taco or tundra? Nobody that spends that amount of money is ever going to take the vehicle in a situation where they need adjustable air ride suspension seats.

But i know some dude is gonna buy it, throw on some bfg's, a bed rack with a roof top tent. On the side will be traction boards, and a couple of modern day jerry cans, a little shovel, and a tiny unuseable ladder. He is gonna wear shorts with a 1" inseam and say things like "overlanding brah" while in the parking lot of his local cars and coffee meet.
    You just described why houses, boats, and everything else are so damn expensive now. Simple answer, because people these days have lost their mind and have to have the flashiest thing around, whether they need it or can afford it.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Tacoma would be good back up or special purpose truck for getting to tight places..everyone that I know that hunts eventually gets out of them because you eventually run out of room for stuff. Dogs and gear.
    That’s the route I went. I have an F350 with a camper shell, it goes on out of state hunting trips. Fixing up a Tacoma that should be done next week, it will be for day trips and riding around. Land Cruiser is being retired to a kid and grocery getter.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I wish tgey were just like the tacomas of old. 4cyl, 5 speed with 31ā€¯ mud tires and go anywhere. Just a plain ol 4x4 truck that you arent scared to use for what it is intended. Manual windows, vinyl floorboards a/c and a radio. You dont need anything else in a truck.
    You just described my old 82 Toyota with the 22R motor. It would go anywhere I needed it to. If I remember right I bought it new for $8,500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post

agreed. the over accessorizing and hard core off road stuff is silly.

this is not a uniquely Tacoma observation...nor is the above comment about interest rates and $800 payments.

I will say the people I know who drive them aren't trying to overcompensate for anything like a lot of folks in the big 3 ford, chevy, and dodge.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Not enough market for basic models anymore. I asked when I was getting a truck and every dealer I went to said yeah we stopped holding them because they just did not move. Few people want basic trucks anymore. Most use them for getting groceries and taking out the trash… heck there are kids at the school I work at with ford raptors they drive to school….
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Dad is looking at a Tacoma to replace his 2007 Tundra, I called and told him to get one now before they're all turbocharged...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    That’s the route I went. I have an F350 with a camper shell, it goes on out of state hunting trips. Fixing up a Tacoma that should be done next week, it will be for day trips and riding around. Land Cruiser is being retired to a kid and grocery getter.
    I have done the same thing with my Ram 2500. Camper shell for trips otherwise it reserved for pulling and when I need the bed. Just picked up a 1999 suburban for hauling kids and gettin around. Thing is immaculate for its age.
    BC7BAB88-2D87-4CFE-91B1-C808A31EFCBE.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Southernduck; 05-20-2023 at 08:54 PM.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I have done the same thing with my Ram 2500. Camper shell for trips otherwise it reserved for pulling and when I need the bed. Just picked up a 1999 suburban for hauling kids and gettin around. Thing is immaculate for its age.
    Best body style GM ever made.