Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog painting?

Default Dog painting?

Was there a member that knew someone who painted pictures of dogs? If so pm me please and thank you
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 05-18-2023 at 06:28 PM.

Amanda Ballengee does commissions and they are awesome.

Not sure what your budget or her fee is.

I know several..colored pencil, pen, oil, and acrylic. Kate Hall is excellent as is Amanda Ballangee.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    I know several..colored pencil, pen, oil, and acrylic. Kate Hall is excellent as is Amanda Ballangee.
    Do you happen to know even a ballpark on the price?

its probably going to depend on what you want. Both artists are on the social media (FB and IG)... Leah Brigham is another one that does oil. Kate does really good furbaby pencil work:

Screenshot 2023-05-18 204011.jpg

Here is pricing for Kate- https://katehallart.webnode.page/prices-details/

That there’s what you call talent

I can paint a picture for you. Ballpark is 60K.

its probably going to depend on what you want. Both artists are on the social media (FB and IG)... Leah Brigham is another one that does oil. Kate does really good furbaby pencil work:

Perfect, thank you.

My man!

Margaret Weinges from Orangeburg is a good local dog painter.

Can PM her number if you want.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Pam Corwin in Monks Corner.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

If you want a photo replicated, you could also look at a giclee (pronounce "zyee clay"). It is basically a photoshopped and dithered photo image that is printed on canvas. They can add effects that make it look like is was brush painted. I have a couple of dog pictures done in giclee and they look great. It's going to be a lot cheaper than a painting and you'll know you like it before you agree to commission it.

My mother was an artist and would occasionally do commissioned portraits. My advice about art is to buy a painting you like and don't try to get someone to paint something in your imagination. I have a couple dog pictures that my mom painted and to most people they look great, but to me, they just don't completely match the dog's expression that only a dog's owner could see.

I was conditioned from an early age to look for faults in a picture. My mom would show us her latest painting and ask if there was anything she should change or correct. That left me with a curse of looking for things I don't like in pictures. If there is something in a picture you don't like, your eye will be drawn to it forever. If you end up commissioning a painting, don't be afraid to ask the artist to fix anything that doesn't look perfect to you.

Most of the sporting art that is rendered to be realistic or lifelike is painted or drawn from a photograph that captures the image that you want. Essentially a giclee..

I have an oil over my great room fireplace that my Dad left me. James Partee painted Miller's Chief from memory on a fine day we shared at Samara Plantation. It's incredible. I can't draw a decent stick figure .
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I can hardly write the word dog legibly. I have no idea how these people can do what they do...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Pam Corwin in Monks Corner.
    Her stuff looks like a photograph. Unreal.

She painted a picture of a sea turtle on the inside of a seashell and posted it on Facebook and had a bunch of ecological karens chastise her for handling an endangered species for a photo op.

She’s that good.

If you are ever around Thomasville, GA in November and have an appreciation for sporting and sporting dog art, look up the Wildlife Arts Festival; you will not be disappointed.

Matt Constantine look him up on faceybook. He does a lot of wildlife paintings, has been on the federal duck stamp in the past. He should be able to do it.
    every expert was once a beginner