Thread: Streaming Music

Default Streaming Music

I've used Amazon Music forever. Used to buy my CD's off Amazon and that music would also duplicate into my streaming bank of music.

Now, to utilize my bank I have to pay for a subscription @ $8.99/month. If I want a particular song, it plays me something else by that artist and tells me if I want to play that song, I have to pay their subscription....then after the different song plays, it starts bouncing around to shit from other people. I am not far from removing the entire app from my phone. Worthless.

I'm not a fan of not having something tangible to touch when I buy it and the shift in policies are to remove citizens from any ownership. I use pandora mostly but miss having my bank of music that I can play individual songs from.

What are ya'll using?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Spotify is pretty awesome. You can make your own playlists and download all of your music for offline use. Good for when on a plane or just being out of signal areas and still having the music you want to hear.

Pandora
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Spotify.

Amazon Music definitely ruined a good deal by the changes you've described, BB. I only use it now to play albums I actually bought from them [free digital copy of CD's purchased].

Since I have Sirius/XM in the truck, I downloaded the app for my phone for the radio experience.

Verizon pays for your Apple Music subscription if you have an unlimited plan with them. It's as simple as logging into your Verizon account and checking the box. I like Apple Music because I have Apple products.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    Verizon pays for your Apple Music subscription if you have an unlimited plan with them. It's as simple as logging into your Verizon account and checking the box. I like Apple Music because I have Apple products.
    I might have to cheque this out.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I might have to cheque this out.
    If that’s true, that’s your best bet. I pay for it every month. The family plan to be exact. You can play 98% of everything Apple Music has to offer. You can download it like it is yours. I don’t pay for any other music subscriptions and it’s significantly cheaper than Satellite radio.

If I had to buy music I would spend more than the subscription cost. I have, last I checked, about 14GB of music on my phone.
    Last edited by Clippedtoe; 05-18-2023 at 10:05 AM.

Another for spotify.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I like Apple Music

I held out with Amazon music for waaaaayyyy longer than I should have. I had used if for so long and had so much good music in my library, but the app just started getting so glitchy for me that it became unusable. It wouldnt let you listen to your offline/downloaded music unless you had wifi or cell service. Enough was enough. I switched over to Spotify about 6 months ago and have never looked back. Spotify is so much smoother and user friendly.

edit----I used the subscription service for both....
    Last edited by dixiedeerslaya; 05-18-2023 at 11:10 AM.

Spotify

I use amazon music. I have none of the issues others have stated. I can listen to my offline downloaded library anywhere, we use it offshore quite a lot. I pay $8 month for it. I had apple music, and it had it's perks, but they all suck in some form...

Since I use an Android device, and Google decided to ditch their organic music platform, they transitioned to YouTube Music and it's annoying but I like it. I had some mp3s from old CDs that I ripped and was able to pull those over from the old program. I can listen to that music with no ads, so that's cool.

The most annoying part of YouTube Music is, like the others, they want you to pay for their "premium" version. I can pick an artist and start the "radio" feature that plays similar music which is cool but in between songs you get the commercials. Every now and then it'll stop the music and ask "are you still there?" I have to tap 'yes' for the music to continue immediately followed by a "want to skip commercials?... Subscribe to Premium now." Yeah, no. I just deal with it don't pay a dime. But when I listen to my own music library it's commercial free.

I've been trying to listen to audiobooks more often while doing long drives or tasks around the house that I normally would jam out. There's a number of books I've been wanting to read for years but sitting still long enough to focus on a book for hours on end is a struggle for me. Straight up ADHD.

Just finished up Wild at Heart. Audiobooks have been a game changer for me.
    Last edited by willyworm; 06-08-2023 at 05:56 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft