Thread: Boomless 3 pt hitch sprayer? Pros and cons?

Default Boomless 3 pt hitch sprayer? Pros and cons?

We have 55 gallon 3 pt hitch sprayer that we have beat to hell spraying dove fields and food plots.
    Are the boomless sprayers any good ?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by prcn; 04-20-2023 at 08:39 PM.

I've got a 26 gallon boomless sprayer with a wand too. It will cover about 35 feet at a swath. Had it 5 years and use it all the time... ALWAYS clean them out after use. Mine is on the Polaris.

https://www.greenindustrypros.com/la...t-spot-sprayer
    This is the one I have... boom nozzles fit on the atv trailer hitch.
    Last edited by Sasha and Abby; 04-20-2023 at 06:37 PM.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

For agriculture type applications id say stick with a boom sprayer. For understory/ditch bank/roadside spraying a boom less sprayer is great in the right conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    For agriculture type applications id say stick with a boom sprayer. For understory/ditch bank/roadside spraying a boom less sprayer is great in the right conditions.

^^^this

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

We spray a 7 acre dove field and a bunch of food plots spread out over 500 hundred acres in South Spartanburg. The booms take a beating. They bounce and whack stuff all the time. I was hoping to get away with boom less. I had one guy tell me he loved his 55 gallon boomless.

I have both. My boomless is a 25 gallon, 3 nozzle sprayer with wand with an 5 gpm electric pump. The boom sprayer is a typical 55 gallon, 7 nozzle, 12 foot swath with a PTO pump. The boom sprayer is much more precise and I can be more certain that I'm not overlapping and over-applicating rows. There is also a lot less risk of killing adjacent crops with wind drift. I have a separate set of 4 downtubes on the boom for side-dressing liquid nitrogen.

The boomless sprayer comes in handy if I need to spray over the tops of standing crops like trying to kill morning glory and sesbania that came up in the corn and sunflowers after they have stopped growing. As previously stated, the boomless is good for spraying firelanes and roadside brush too. I can use it from my ATV or a 3 point hitch platform.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 04-20-2023 at 07:57 PM.

In order to get a quality boomless sprayer with spray control that will cover evenly, you will spend upwards of $2000 or more. Can pair it with a gps spray app th rough your phone to ensure you are covering your spray area and not leaving gaps or overlapping too much. Most forestry applicators use boomless sprayers but with spray control technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    In order to get a quality boomless sprayer with spray control that will cover evenly, you will spend upwards of $2000 or more. Can pair it with a gps spray app th rough your phone to ensure you are covering your spray area and not leaving gaps or overlapping too much. Most forestry applicators use boomless sprayers but with spray control technology.
    What gps spray app is the best?

Farm sprayer GPS is like $10 and works well. iPhone as I do not have a droid.

I will not be convinced that a boom less sprayer will put out as even and precise coverage as a dialed in boom sprayer will. And with the cost of chemicals these days I’m not taking that risk.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I have had a 60 gallon boom less for about 15 years and love it. I can’t argue it’s as efficient because I’m not super precise with it but it does the job. Booms are a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlisle View Post
    I have had a 60 gallon boom less for about 15 years and love it. I can’t argue it’s as efficient because I’m not super precise with it but it does the job. Booms are a pain.

Same here. Got 55 gallon at Agri supply 10 years ago and it has been great for me. Knew I would break the booms and this thing has been very reliable. Did have to replace the roller pump one time - but that was operator error.

I've got a 60 gallon boomless and I'll put a boom on it when I want one as well. Takes about 5 minutes to convert to one or the other.

Yes there are sprayers that have booms and boomless with a valve to switch between the 2.