Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pigs

The flavor of the nasty bastards isn’t what bothers me it’s the growing population. The land is near SRS and I have accepted that we’re going to have them forever. We slaughter anything with a snout and guests are told not to come back if they let a pig walk. When we got the land 8 years ago we’d see/kill 4-6 a year all big black nasty bastards and the piglets we’d see were stripped. Now they’re every color of the rainbow and we’re pushing 40 since September. Starting to think the guys from Florida leasing the land adjacent to us may be encouraging population growth.
    Either way we’ll keep killing them.

I need some new spots to be an outlaw hog dogger!

apparently i killed too many
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckhunter99 View Post
    I am not sure how well this will be received but figured I am going to try. I live in Indiana and actually have a good friend that lives in SC that I met while I was in the Marines. We became friends because of hog hunting. He invited me to come hunt with him when I rotated back to the states from Iraq. I have been coming down there every year to hunt with him and have taken a decent number of hogs. One thing that I have always wanted to do is take a hog with dogs and a knife. I have actually paid to do it in Texas with an outfitter and lets just say that was a joke and a scamm. No hogs to be found even with his dogs in a high fence. This past March I went to Oklahoma to do the same but they failed to book the dogs so I just killed a hog with my gun. If any of you hunt them with dogs or know of someone that does and would be willing to let me come down and join you sometime I would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM and if I cant ask this on here feel free to remove it.
    Come to SC next year for Super Bowl Sunday. We got you. Thank you for your service
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    With European/Russian bloodlines, the babies have stripes.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    interesting.. guess these aint then?

20210305_004509.jpg

20210305_014701.jpg

No mercy.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

What do y'all do with them after shooting them? Bury? You can't donate them can you? Hoping to have this "problem" soon...

I eat them so long as long as it is not a nasty ol’ boar. All the rest, I leave under a special tree, out of the way. Some are given away as well.

Buzzards gotta eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by rebyrd View Post
    What do y'all do with them after shooting them? Bury? You can't donate them can you? Hoping to have this "problem" soon...
    Kick em in a ditch or let them lay. The only edible animal that I kill and don’t eat.
    Carolina Counsel

Chunk them at the neighbor who killed that up and coming 3 1/2 year olds gate
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I think there is a lot of truth to what everyone is saying, but regardless of who might be releasing what and where...pigs will screw other pigs and have a pile of babies that will screw every pig willing to screw...which is every pig in the woods. The idea that any bloodline in most if not all of the continental US will end up yielding anything but a bunch of destructive mutt piglets is a fantasy. Who cares anyway? They are an absolute menace to everything other than diehard hog hunters and folks that make money selling hunts. Kill them all.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by rebyrd View Post
    We eat a couple a year. Grind them in sausage and I can't tell from what I get at the store (as long as the boar is NOT rutting). They just don't have as much fat as store bought.

I have a list of people all up and down Bluff Rd that will take every one I shoot. If I pull up in front of one of the stores in Gadsden with a big one on the trailer, there is almost a fight to see who gets it. I have had offers to pay for it every time I drop one off - of course declined as I tell them they are doing ME a favor...

If I apply myself, I can easily clear out 60 a year without trying too hard.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Come to SC next year for Super Bowl Sunday. We got you. Thank you for your service
    Nice gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Buzzards gotta eat.
    This right here. They are eating well at our place

Pretty sure our coyotes have Type 2 Diabetes at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Chunk them at the neighbor who killed that up and coming 3 1/2 year olds gate
    Solid advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I want to join a club within an hour of Columbia that has pigs

Anywhere on either side of the congaree should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I want to join a club within an hour of Columbia that has pigs
    rick I'll bring you up to shoot pigs. Just need to see where they are since we just had part of our lease thinned.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?