Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How About A,,,,

Default How About A,,,,

You won't believe this shit.........

In Oct '21 I purchased 6 acres in a tax sale. 3 acres land & 3 acres of a 10 acre pond. On this property is a mobile home. It sits directly across the lane from my home. I finally received the deed after the redemption period etc in Feb of this year. I did not purchase the mobile home. It was purchased by a company who buys them up all over the state at tax sales. The home is occupied by the previously deceased owner's children. Two males & two females currently reside there. There is no running water or ac in the home. After I received the deed, I went to magistrate to ck on how to remove the occupants as I did not have any lessor/lessee agreement with them. They stated I would need to evict them or evict the mobile home from the property. I reached out to the company that purchased the home. They stated they would evict the occupants & move the home. 60 days later in April, nothing had been done so I sent a letter to the company informing them they had 30 days to move home or I would file for an abandoned property title to the home. They reached out to me & long story short, the occupants had contacted them & told them they wanted to purchase the home & they were waiting for the land to open up so they could move forward. Well after talking to me, the company realized this was a stall tactic & moved forward with the eviction. The occupants requested a hearing. That hearing was yesterday. The judge has given them an additional two weeks to stay. They requested 30 days but he gave them the maximum 2 weeks for a put out date. The occupants asked the judge during the hearing if they were evicted from the property or just the mobile home. He stated the home as the owner of the home was bringing the eviction. Their plan is to tent up on the property. These fools are like a bad rash! Since I became owner, they have started charging people $10 each to come fish. I called DNR but they stated until they are evicted, they have no jurisdiction & the "fishers" are guests of the occupants. Not to mention the trash they have started throwing out all over the property. I went by magistrate today to see if I need to do anything further to make sure they leave with home. They informed me to be there on the put out date & make sure I let deputy on scene know they gotta go also. BUT,,,, I have to give 72 hours for them to get their shit after its put out on property. There are two 5x8 sheds that I'm sure they'll be trying to shack in. These mofos have lived free for over three years now.. Ok, rant over!

Good luck!

Sheesh

I thought my Tuesday was stacking up to be shitty.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Disc around the perimeter and run a prescribed fire thru your new property. Just make sure to check the weather conditions and call the burn line and get your burn number on day of burn. Fire is a great way to get rid of unwanted pests on your land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mars wins
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Just 10 bucks? Shoot, where's this at?

I love my simple little life.

Prayers sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    Disc around the perimeter and run a prescribed fire thru your new property. Just make sure to check the weather conditions and call the burn line and get your burn number on day of burn. Fire is a great way to get rid of unwanted pests on your land.

They would stand in the middle of it & soak it up like sunshine. They burn EVERY day. They have run out of limbs etc & now burn garbage & furniture. They even pulled all the pvc from under the home & burned it.

We could do a scducks fishing tournament.

Default How About A,,,,

I was thinking burn up everything, trailer and all but….

Just joking. Sorry you are having to deal with trashy people like that.

There is a similar situation I know about nearGilbert. The land owner is on year 3 of dealing with these people in a tent city on his land.

Last edited by Johnny Reb; 05-16-2023 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Just 10 bucks? Shoot, where's this at?
    You can come as my guest. Bring all your rowdy friends.

Open your own gun range on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    I was thinking burn up everything, trailer and all but….
    That'll prob happen on Memorial Day. The next day is eviction day. I don't see them letting someone come and take it.

If you're not willing to go the 'ski mask and pipe wrench' route ... Go offer them $1,000 to move/leave. It will go against everything in you to give them that money, but it will likely be cheaper than going through the court system, and likely a lot quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    If you're not willing to go the 'ski mask and pipe wrench' route ... Go offer them $1,000 to move/leave. It will go against everything in you to give them that money, but it will likely be cheaper than going through the court system, and likely a lot quicker.
    That has been discussed.

I'd be removing those sheds if they belong to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I'd be removing those sheds if they belong to you.
    My understanding is they do as the convey with the property but haven't gotten a legal answer yet.

Ok.... So I don't fully understand except this is a major PIA. So a company technically owns a mobile home and will remove it once these mofos are evicted. And you own the land. So in 2 weeks when they are technically evicted, how can they shack up in a tent if you own the land? At that point wouldn't it be trespassing? Also, how are they able to charge anything for people to come fish? They don't own ANYTHING at this point and have been evicted per a judge. You own 3 acres of the pond that people are fishing. I would go post free fishing signs on your section just to get under their skin. As soon as that mobile home is off the property, I really am questioning how they plan to live out of a tent or in a shed if you are technically the owner of that now??? I have to be missing something here on how they can do that.

Wait until the code people get wind of them living in sheds on your property. You'll become a slumlord. Those sheds need to go and fast. Typically they will convey on a quit claim deed.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton