Thread: Self employed apps/websites

Default Self employed apps/websites

For you guys that are self employed(no employees other than yourself), what are you all using? Looking at the quickbooks stuff, but just wanted to see what the brain trust has to share. This is my first week fully self employed, and just trying to get something to track income, expenses, and be able to type up and send invoices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Quickbooks suits my needs well. I use the Desktop version with assisted payroll. Never tried anything else. I will standby to see what others use as well.

Cash only. Screw the government!

I use QB, it is going to a cloud based monthly subscription now. I don’t use it for estimates or invoices. I’m old school on estimates and run straight line job costs on excel which serve as invoices. I use it for accounting and cutting checks. Don’t have any issues with it or my system.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

KEEP RECORDS and ALL your RECIEPTS! Trust Me
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I use QB, and still use the QB 2000 Pro version as there's no reason to spend all the money to upgrade.

There are numerous softwares out there, and a quick search for your particular field/application might pop something up better than QB. But check with your/an accountant first is you opt to not use QB to make sure the data is compatible if you have any one else do your taxes.

If you are opting to tax yourself as an S Corp... BE CAREFUL and don't screw anything up. Make sure you know exactly what you are doing as any errors get charged upwards of $235/employee/month, and you only get one pass from the IRS. After that... pony up the $'s.

Good luck!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

QuickBooks online, cloud based, has an app for your phone, link up bank and cc accounts, and it will track and categorize your receipts for you. Your accountant can log in as well to get you quarterly or year-end breakdowns. If you haven't used QuickBooks before you may have a slight learning curve, but once you figure it out, it makes it easy and you dont have a bag of receipts to punch in every month.

I was self employed for a bit and used QuickBooks. I really liked it. Definitely a slight learning curve as Charlie Horse mentioned, but well worth it.

I like Zoho better than quick books. It is way more user friendly. You can quote, invoice, send receipts, track inventory, link bank accounts, accept online payments and a bunch of other features. You can even link your contacts from your phone to it and add clients that way.

My business is connected to my online store which uses paypal. If I'm having to pay fees I might as well use it for my invoicing and tax needs.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Qb online user here. Take the time and money to pay someone to help you set everything up correctly from the beginning that is knowledgeable in your field. Will make your life or made my life much easier. Qb is the most important “tool” in mine to keeping up with everything, payroll, job cost reports etc

Self employment sucks.

Find a dot gov job and side hustle for cash only.

it ain't for the weak

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I use QB, and still use the QB 2000 Pro version as there's no reason to spend all the money to upgrade.
    NO
    WAY
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    NO
    WAY
    Definitely well over 400k key strokes

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Self employment sucks.

Find a dot gov job and side hustle for cash only.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^Truth^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    NO
    WAY
    I knew you’d poke your fat head in here…

Now why would I update expensive software I don’t need? One employee now, can invoice when needed, has all of the accounting functionality, etc. who cares as long as I and the IRS are happy with the output? Sheesh, find something real worth worrying your fluoride soaked head about and maybe be of good service to humanity… for once.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I'll see what I can do.
    Thanks
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.