Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush hog

Default Bush hog

Got a bigger tractor and would like to upgrade my bush hog. Looking for a 7 or 8 ft model.

What’s yalls opinions on bush hogs. Do you spend $2,000 on one you might get 4 or 5 years on or do you pay 5 grand that may get you 10 plus year?

I typically use mine for fields and some brush. I for sure use it in some conditions where it shouldn’t be used. Thanks
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

And new tractor is a kioti rx7320

Woods Brand Brush Bull or try and find a used Brown Tree Mower. But in reality a bush hog is a wildlife managers worst enemy! We have a 15ft batwing that I use maybe twice a year in a field setting the rest of the time I mow right down the middle of the roads and then we use it to mow corn stalks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Not sure what your Hp is on that tractor bc I don't buy zipper head tractors but I'd spend the money on a 15' flex wing if your rice burner is 85hp or more. Just helps with ditches, terraces, etc to have flex capability and 7 or 8' pass is still just a toy.

Yeah I don’t need anything over 8 ft because I transport often and the biggest field I cut is about 10 acres. Just not sure whether to buy cheap new ones and keep replacing them every couple years or bite the bullet and buy something like a woods brush bull and spend $6k. It’s hard to spend that type of money on an implement knowing the abuse it’s about to take

Buy a woods brush bull Ive got a 720 thats 21 years old and still going strong and is used hard
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Yeah I don’t need anything over 8 ft because I transport often and the biggest field I cut is about 10 acres. Just not sure whether to buy cheap new ones and keep replacing them every couple years or bite the bullet and buy something like a woods brush bull and spend $6k. It’s hard to spend that type of money on an implement knowing the abuse it’s about to take

I normally do not say this but I would buy the cheap one to start with and see how it goes, my guess is you get 5-10 yrs out of at least and by then you will have good idea and feel of tractor if you want to buy something better

I am like you, bush hog’s take a damn beating even though i try and be careful with mine

I’ll tell you this from experience if you don’t buy the heavy duty one you are a fool. Those cheaper models will not last and you’ll regret the hell out of it. I’ve used my heavy duty model for years now and I always thought how smart I was to buy it. And not be a cheap ass..The only thing worse than buying an underpowered tractor is buying a piece of shit implement can’t hold up to the task.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Opinions on fail mowers versus bush hogs?

Anything that isn't green and says MX on it...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Anything that isn't green and says MX on it...
    I think I remember seeing an mx8 or 10 on the back of your tractor

Rhino is a well made mower as well

Quote Originally Posted by camotoon60 View Post
    Rhino is a well made mower as well
    X2 on rhino. I have a rhino and bush hog finish mower and the rhino is the better built of the two.

You should take that $6k and invest it in a cheap disc if you don’t already have one, a ATV sprayer, and a couple of drip torches. And fields you are bush hogging can be burned in January followed by a light discing. The amount of quality wildlife habitat you would create doing so would be astounding. Leave the bush hog alone unless absolutely necessary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I have two Rhinos, both are solid. I’d buy another if I needed a bushhog.

Visor guy, I have a woods 6 footer for my 56 horse kubota. Fits the setup I have but I abuse the shit out of it and it just takes it. Has a clutch rather than shear pins and so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    X2 on rhino. I have a rhino and bush hog finish mower and the rhino is the better built of the two.
    Where is a rhino dealer at?

Bush hog 327. They got a big gear box on them and a thick deck.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I think I remember seeing an mx8 or 10 on the back of your tractor
    Take the lesson learned...

I’m running a lane pride 1872 right now. Medium duty likely. It has held up well but the outside edges of the deck take a beating. I too think the deck thickness is something worth paying attention to