Thread: Toyota Tacoma Engine???

Default Toyota Tacoma Engine???

I've got a 96 Tacoma 4x4 that has a cracked block. I want to fix it and put it back on the road. I've looked at Ebay and there are several options for a used engine and several for a reman block. I also talked to a guy that said there is a junkyard called Case that sells used engines locally. The last thing I put an engine in was a Mustang back in high school and we used a long block but that was 30 something years ago. It's the 2.7l 4clyinder if that makes a difference. What should I do? Anyone got any sources for a motor?

Call a Toyota dealer and ask. I had the head rebuilt in my 2.7 and after it was done called the dealer out of curiosity and asked about a long block from them. It was much less than I thought. I believe under $2000. But this was back in 2015 or so.

Wish I would have gone that route. I’d still have that little truck.

Thanks. I will give it a shot.

Carolina machine engines. It's a drive from your location but they did a Ford 5.4 3v for me and it was great

The 3rz is a great engine. The issue you will run into with a used engine is just age and the high mileage associated, but by all means it may be a good option. You can try Car-part.com. You can search by your location and it will show you what yards have what, and give you an price.

Thanks