Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pawleys Creek

Default Pawleys Creek

Which one of y’all pulled the doormat out of the creek today? Dude in spray painted camo Hi Tide with a 60 Merc pulled a damn monster out right in front of me. Might have been the biggest fish I’ve ever seen come out of the creek. Didn’t recognize the boat or angler. If you are on here congrats on a damn stud of a fish!!

I’m surprised there are many fish left in there. Some of the biggest “outdoorsmen” I know rape that creek every year.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    I’m surprised there are many fish left in there. Some of the biggest “outdoorsmen” I know rape that creek every year.
    Haha- I’m sure I know the same “outdoorsmen”. Definitely not the same place it used to be. Amigos with cast nets are probably the worst thing to happen to the creek in a while, it’s sad to watch them and what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    Amigos with cast nets are probably the worst thing to happen to the creek in a while, it’s sad to watch them and what they are doing.
    I keep saying. No one is listening...

I hope to find a hammer on Saturday.

We keep fish once or twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I keep saying. No one is listening...
    DNR is aware and I know they have checked once or twice. It’s quite sad to watch, last Sunday there were 17 guys throwing nets and another 10 or so hauling coolers, everything gets dumped into them. I’ve seen stingrays, finger mullet, undersized fish, crabs, shrimp and plenty of legal sized fish. They have it figured out to hit the holes at low tide and completely decimate them. Something needs to happen or there really won’t be anything left in a year or two.

You got a cam on your phone? Take vids and call the man
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

IMG_3119.jpg

Today was only a few

DNR is aware and I know they have checked once or twice. It’s quite sad to watch, last Sunday there were 17 guys throwing nets and another 10 or so hauling coolers, everything gets dumped into them. I’ve seen stingrays, finger mullet, undersized fish, crabs, shrimp and plenty of legal sized fish. They have it figured out to hit the holes at low tide and completely decimate them. Something needs to happen or there really won’t be anything left in a year or two.
    DNR gets called all the time on them, either never shows, does show and doesn’t do anything or writes tickets that get left on the beach/creek. The south end is terrible now. I couldn’t tell you the last time I took a rod over there.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    DNR gets called all the time on them, either never shows, does show and doesn’t do anything or writes tickets that get left on the beach/creek. The south end is terrible now. I couldn’t tell you the last time I took a rod over there.
    We need a new law. That’ll stop em!
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    We need a new law. That’ll stop em!
    No, just enforce the ones we have.

They don't want to put in that kind of effort to stop them, but you can bet your butt they'll be checking YOU for your boater safety course license soon!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    They don't want to put in that kind of effort to stop them, but you can bet your butt they'll be checking YOU for your boater safety course license soon!
    I could care less if I get checked, I just want this nonsense to stop before it creates irreparable damage to the creek. Ive come to grips that this isn't the same place I grew up however I'm not ok watching them rape the resource.

Which one of y’all pulled the doormat out of the creek today? Dude in spray painted camo Hi Tide with a 60 Merc pulled a damn monster out right in front of me. Might have been the biggest fish I’ve ever seen come out of the creek. Didn’t recognize the boat or angler. If you are on here congrats on a damn stud of a fish!!
    That was not a stud. That was a breeder cow.
    DILLIGAF

I watched a crew work Scott Creek for 3 and a half hours the other day. They aren't sorting shit. Everything goes in the cooler. Dudes can flat toss a cast net, I will give them that...

I watched a crew work Scott Creek for 3 and a half hours the other day. They aren't sorting shit. Everything goes in the cooler. Dudes can flat toss a cast net, I will give them that...
    They do have skills, I've seen them toss those 12' wide nets with ease. So I'm doing coastal fishing wrong. All I have to do is get really tan, pretend not to know English, and I can finally start catching flounder by throwing nets.

There's often a fuckton of paperwork associated with ticketing Jose's, if they're illegal immigrants, it opens up a great big can o'worms. Much easier to ticket tax paying property owners. They'll pay the tickets.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Yes they can flat out throw a net! Hell the guys in Pawleys have some sweet custom nets with custom colored mesh- every one is at least 12’. I’m thinking about hiring them to catch bait for me this summer.
    Last edited by bitesize; 05-12-2023 at 08:50 AM.

I thought DNR was against invasives/non-indigenous species.

Amigos with cast nets are probably the worst thing to happen to the creek in a while, it’s sad to watch them and what they are doing.
    Wear your ICE hat out there the next time you go.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'