Thread: No more "Ho Ho Ho"

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

Sounds like a bunch of reformed hookers with guilty consciences.

I need to do a study on my garden implements...make sure none of them will be offended and not want to work for me this spring.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Help,someone take out the world's PC police.Shouldn't be offensive unless it hits too close to home,huh.Wish I was a Santa.SantaHarv"HO,HO,HO"...Ho"I find that offensive and degrading" SH"I've been laughing like that for ever,how long you been a HO?"
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.