Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keith Poche pushing limits again

Default Keith Poche pushing limits again

DQ on day 1... will be interesting to see what facts he comes out with as he believes the appeal to be "farce".

Anyone else following?

What he do?
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

According to bassmaster that DQ'd him - He left tournament waters

According to Poche - He jumped a small beaver dam or obstruction in the water that was "meant to be jumped" (his words not mine).

They DQ'd his day 1 tournament results at Toledo Bend. He came out and said that Bassmaster appeal was "farce" and in the coming days he is going to present a ton of information to the public and the fans to show he did absolutely nothing wrong and that he shouldn't of been DQ'd. We are all patiently waiting. Its no secret he has has pushed boundaries as long as hes been a tournament angler and even been DQ'd for this before. But I will say, every time he had beed DQ'd for it, he did admit to his wrong doing. This time, its a different story so I lean on the side of believing him a little. But for crying out loud, the man carries a winch on his bass boat..... lol.

Y'all with your grass in the lakes see what happens. Now Glitter boats are installing winches as the latest accessory just to get out of the weeds.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Poche is one of the few that runs an aluminum bass boat. He actually ran a gator trax built boat for bass fishing all last season. His win this year was in his small tin rig. The dude ventures places many do not in the bass world. Its one of the reasons I really like him.

With that said.... hes dropped bombs. I think hes in the right. According to fishable waters rules from BASS, it doesnt look like he did anything wrong IMO. He crossed over a roller boat ramp on Toledo Bend built for jumping a boat over. I bet a fiberglass boat could of done this. And it states that it is within fishable waters. If I was Poche, I'd be pissed that his appeal wasn't overturned. It can all be found on wired2fish if you do not have social media (like myself).

The more I dig, the more I can see both sides though. It was technically an impoundment the Ducks Unlimited created for habitat area. It does connect to Toledo bend and BASS never made it off limits. Technically the boat did have to leave tournament waters by going over the rollers but the rollers were put there for boats to jump into the impoundment. Very gray area here.

Quote Originally Posted by flashman252 View Post
    The more I dig, the more I can see both sides though. It was technically an impoundment the Ducks Unlimited created for habitat area. It does connect to Toledo bend and BASS never made it off limits. Technically the boat did have to leave tournament waters by going over the rollers but the rollers were put there for boats to jump into the impoundment. Very gray area here.
    Trailer rollers are good too since they were meant for a boat to use?
    Boat out of the water to access (not depart) sure seems like against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Trailer rollers are good too since they were meant for a boat to use?
    Boat out of the water to access (not depart) sure seems like against the rules.
    Dont disagree except... 1)The state considers this area part of the lake. 2) The only reason these rollers exist and the dam was built was so that the WMA held water during low lake situations and the rollers were installed for boats specifically to access for these low lake situations.

So it seems that the state considers this "impoundment" apart of the lake and BASS did not designate it as off limit waters. Could of easily been avoided if Poche picked up a phone and made a call to the tournament director. We all know this isn't his style though.

Free Poche!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Free Poche!
    Silverfox.... do you venture other forums? A little off topic but I know of another silverfox who is a mercury guru and has helped me a few times.

Silverfox.... do you venture other forums? A little off topic but I know of another silverfox who is a mercury guru and has helped me a few times.
    I know wives are off limits here and all but the pineapple says we can ask for pics? Of your wife Flash. Of your wife.

Of my wife? Oh of my wife....
    Those that repeat,
    are not always believed,
    asking for pics,
    can get you quick licks,
    but not from me,
    in your home and you'll see,
    run back to your wife,
    and have a happy life.

Dont disagree except... 1)The state considers this area part of the lake. 2) The only reason these rollers exist and the dam was built was so that the WMA held water during low lake situations and the rollers were installed for boats specifically to access for these low lake situations.

So it seems that the state considers this "impoundment" apart of the lake and BASS did not designate it as off limit waters. Could of easily been avoided if Poche picked up a phone and made a call to the tournament director. We all know this isn't his style though.
    Sounds like these rollers are no different than a lock…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the fuck are you asking for pix of his wife for

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    What the fuck are you asking for pix of his wife for
    Pineapple = swingers

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    Sounds like these rollers are no different than a lock…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya I have never been on a lake with rollers. Was trying to find more information on how they work and supposedly Poche never got out of his boat to use it. Thats the big argument, locks are connected by raising and lowering water right? This roller is used for low water levels on Toledo, but if water is above 172, then a boat can idle right into the are he fished. People are saying the state considers it part of the lake, and it is connected via pipe under the dyke. But the rules state waters were legal by canal. Its a complete gray area for sure. I think BASS got it wrong, but Poche is being a nimwad and douche at this point, so kind of dont feel bad anymore. Things dont always go our way, take the licking and fish stronger and better. Let his skill set do the talking. Don't wine and throw shade publicly like he did at weigh in yesterday. Waiting to see what he does for weigh in today. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Pineapple = swingers
    Yep

Is this Pine Island's new screen name?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

lmao just noticed someone assigned my little picture next to my name as a pineapple. dudes having all kinds of fun with the new guy. I am not anyone else except me and have never been to this forum before. Ill change the picture at some point. I am sure if I change it now, they will change it right back. Just like a certain sticky that kept getting re-opened multiple times.

Ole Pocheeeee' is a damn good fisherman, he just does it different. I see both sides but ultimately, I think BASS still rolls with the DQ. Move on to the next derby and take the cake. I like ole Poche!
    "run and gun guide service"