Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Monetary Impact

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Well, I am dumbfounded. Of all the stuff Silent has posted across this forum and this is the thing that baffles me.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Not in my back yard"
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

If you could keep the stuff on the other side of 95 I wouldnt have an issue. The problem is you cant. It gets out and due to the water flow and boats its gets out of control fast. A little turns into a whole lot in an hurry.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Not sure how any outdoorsman would prefer a swimming pool lake compared to aquatic vegetation. Incredible what aquatic vegetation does for ducks and fish. eel grass is completely different than hydrilla/elodea. but....yankees will be yankees
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I'm not yankee. I assure you.

My kids dont like walking around in it, nor does my wife. I'm not fond of what I've caught hiding in it over the years. So enough reason for me to want it gone from around my pier.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post

My kids dont like walking around in it, nor does my wife. I'm not fond of what I've caught hiding in it over the years. So enough reason for me to want it gone from around my pier.
    That’s the most yankee thing I’ve ever read
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

BUT can you catch fish in it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    Not sure how any outdoorsman would prefer a swimming pool lake compared to aquatic vegetation. Incredible what aquatic vegetation does for ducks and fish. eel grass is completely different than hydrilla/elodea. but....yankees will be yankees
    Yea just look at how the grass in Guntersville has destroyed the fishing and duck hunting...right? Silly yankees wanting a lake to look like their neighborhood swimming pool. Let that grass grow!

Hell even the lakes up north have emergent vegatation as well as submerge weed lines. Obvious those wanting the weeds gone dont fish or duck hunt.
    Last edited by centurian; 05-11-2023 at 01:46 PM.

Dang it guys! He doesn't want any natural stuff in his nature. It's icky! Come on now.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    BUT can you catch fish in it.
    I've got more ponds than I can fish now. And I can catch fish in them all day, with no problem. SO much so I have to put signs up to keep people out. Had an issue over the weekend. Kid caught an 8lber and posted on social media next thing you know I have some other kids trying to fish. First time in a long time I had that issue. So now I'm having to update my signs.

I'll leave the grass for ponds. I just dont want it in major water ways.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

I've got more ponds than I can fish now. And I can catch fish in them all day, with no problem. SO much so I have to put signs up to keep people out. Had an issue over the weekend. Kid caught an 8lber and posted on social media next thing you know I have some other kids trying to fish. First time in a long time I had that issue. So now I'm having to update my signs.

I'll leave the grass for ponds. I just dont want it in major water ways.
    No you don't you need to take the other kids to the pond to fish and show them how.

Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Dadgum. It must be nice.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I used to poach golf course ponds when I was a kid.

Golfers (yankees) would try to hit me with golf balls. Probably why I hate golf and yankees now.

Signs like that would have me like "challenge accepted".
    Last edited by BigBrother; 05-11-2023 at 02:28 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Yea someone else tried that too

They tried to hide on bank.

I eased over snuck up over and cut a 249 loose over their heads.

They stuck their hands up and started screaming stop.

Never had any trouble out of them again.

Had some one say they couldn’t read.

Had one guy threaten to kill
    Me because I didn’t know who I was messing with.

Had one guy pull a gun in me.

Had one guy try and run from DNR while a judge was helping us bag corn.

That didn’t work out so hot for that group either.

On the other hand I have a few people whom have asked me and I let them fish.

They weed eat and spray and pick up trash for me.

I asked they quit posting pics on social media after the weekend.
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 05-11-2023 at 02:37 PM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Forgot about the time the crack heads ran into my truck trying to get away.

Hp happened to be coming around the corner when the Grand Prix hit 110 running from me.

I had to hide in the floor board due to them pulling a gun

I called DNR
    They all converged on them at the crossroads dudes got out and tried to run across a freshly plowed field.

They gave out.

DNR walked out hand cuffed them drug them back to the road

Course no one knew who’s guns they had nor whose drugs they had

One just got out of jail earlier in the week the other was 16 so they called momma

Momma showed up in a cab.

Wanted me to let her keep the fish.

I said he’ll no you can’t keep them.

But I did give them to the cab driver
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Had a buddy that was the night watchman on country club. He would pick us up at the club house in a golf cart and take us to the pond to frog jig and fish. Have hamburgers cooking when we got back to club house

Goodness. You're a real badass. Shooting a belt fed auto over the heads of some kids fishing? Really? Wow. I can see why you dont want any vegetation next to your dock on a public lake.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 05-11-2023 at 02:53 PM.

To Roddies point about Michael Byrd in the other thread they had a gun pointed at me

I had 1 in each hand they were actively backing up and driving foward trying to wedge their car through the trees and my truck.

All while pointing a gun at me. I had every reason to put holes in them.

I did not.

You never know what you will do until you’re in that moment.

I’ll never forget
    The sheer terror in their eyes.

But I would have had to live with that.

I remember thinking this is all over a stupid fish or at least I thought at the time. They were waving their shirts in the air screaming at me about killing me or some non sense before they jumped in the car and proceeded to attempt to go around me which meant they wrecked my truck and their car. I didn’t understand why they were so scared after the arrest I got it.

They even had the audacity to tell the cops they feared for their lives because they were black and I was white and they just knew I would kill them for trespassing????

The hp was a black gentleman and told them to shut the hell up.

But Roddie. I didn’t see any back packs but I did see weapons pointed at me.

I don’t find it necessary to start blasting quite yet.

Now I had made my mind up if they fired once
    In the air or not it was on.

I had all intentions of retaliation at that point.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot