Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Monetary Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I was just googling Mount Hope Plantation to see where it was since I'm always fascinated by SC history. I noticed this quote and thought I remember reading on here that your son's name is Teige. That's a cool piece of history if you named him after the original Cantey that came to SC.

"Joseph was born in 1765. He passed away in 1834.

Grandson of Teige and Elizabeth Cantey, who came to SC in 1672. They were the forebears of all the Cantey descendants."
    Yes sir, I named him after Teige, and middle name after Wade Hampton.. Teige was kinda tough for people to pronounce at first, nurses, and auto school calls and such. His son George came over and recieved a grant in 1670, and another son William, they brought Teige over. The were from County Cork in Ireland, then were trading in Barbados before they made the jump here. I'm pretty into history, and South Carolina's even more.

It would be nice BB

Is it "TEEJE" or "TAGE" or kinda like "BEIGE" the color?

I'm seriously asking.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Yes sir, I named him after Teige, and middle name after Wade Hampton.. Teige was kinda tough for people to pronounce at first, nurses, and auto school calls and such. His son George came over and recieved a grant in 1670, and another son William, they brought Teige over. The were from County Cork in Ireland, then were trading in Barbados before they made the jump here. I'm pretty into history, and South Carolina's even more.

It would be nice BB
    That is cool!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I read it as a long E.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post

The point being I remember all those years and how cool it was then that evil weed came.

It was then many of the old timers I’m referring g to lost interest.

They went to the beach.

They loved that lake as much as I do.

But that was the first wave of Yankee buy in.

I can prove it and pick houses out and show you.

But the point is it was the grass that started all that.
    We got the same thing with the yankees moving in to the lake up here BUT Wylie, Norman, Fishing creek, Mountain Island, High Rock, and others and there is not a blade of grass or weed beds. So why are those old timers moving out. If it grows it is sprayed. Know some who planted some grass and it got sprayed too. When man gets involved changing nature he generally makes a mess. The grass and weeds actually clean the water, when you take it away you just have a mud hole.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Is it "TEEJE" or "TAGE" or kinda like "BEIGE" the color?

I'm seriously asking.
    another in my family spelled his son's name differently, Teague, but they're pronounced like League

Y’all are wasting time arguing with a dude whose lake interaction revolves around joy boating in Wyboo.

Doesn’t fish.

Doesn’t duck hunt.

Even if the bee could explain to the fly, that honey is better than shit, the fly still wouldn’t understand.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post

It would be nice BB
    That's a cool piece of SC history. I understand now where Cantey Bay got it's name.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Y’all are wasting time arguing with a dude whose lake interaction revolves around joy boating in Wyboo.

Doesn’t fish.

Doesn’t duck hunt.

Even if the bee could explain to the fly, that honey is better than shit, the fly still wouldn’t understand.
    Yes it is like wrestling with a pig but i dont mind getting muddy

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    That's a cool piece of SC history. I understand now where Cantey Bay got it's name.
    https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=53882

and a couple buried in here

http://johnsanpublications.com/genea...ialGround.html

most after that time period are all buried up here

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...20/mary-sumter

I used to read too much, now I don't..
    Last edited by Highstrung; 05-15-2023 at 07:38 AM.