Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardball History

Default Hardball History

For the first time in school history the boys secured the District 8 Championship. We move onto Oceanside Collegiate on Thursday. This is my last ride just like many others have posted. 15 yrs of coaching and chasing my boys on the fields is winding down. Man I'm gonna miss this....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by colej; 05-09-2023 at 07:48 AM.
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Look at that Stud, and his old man. Tell Cole, we're cheering for them. Lots of good guys up there these days, and they're playing their best ball when it matters most. Glad they're finding success.

Y'all keep giving 'em all you got. Go beat Oceanside!

Nice Kyle.. my youngest daughter is at school there now. She was at the game last night, you and Cole's name came up, I reminded her about the early days

Davis on Cole's back, and my boy Teige being carried..

Screenshot_20230508_201704_Samsung Internet.jpg

We lost to Oceanside enough in golf, last year we played them in state again at Bulls Bay

Good stuff man, I'll damn sure be pulling for them, I'd pull for the taliban if they were playing oceanside.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Good stuff man. And you ain’t denying that kid
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Nice Kyle.. my youngest daughter is at school there now. She was at the game last night, you and Cole's name came up, I reminded her about the early days

Davis on Cole's back, and my boy Teige being carried..

Screenshot_20230508_201704_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Those were some good times Ralph.

Brett, our boys have come a long way...

FEETDOWN, Oceanside is a thorn in my side and many others as well.
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Ralph and Kyle, that picture just brought back fond memories of cutting up with Cole while I was coaching first base. He had me rolling one game out there in Ozone league with those kids in that picture.

And that Mullet game is strong!

Get him a leopard print wave runner for graduation

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    Ralph and Kyle, that picture just brought back fond memories of cutting up with Cole while I was coaching first base. He had me rolling one game out there in Ozone league with those kids in that picture.

And that Mullet game is strong!
    I remember you telling me that very same thing in our first game against ya'll. When I told him we were friends, He said, dang daddy you know everybody ha ha!

Do you live just outside Camden?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    The hefty lefty is famous for his hair that's for sure. The local radio guy commented on it during his first at bat the other night. Called him the John Kruk of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Do you live just outside Camden?
    Yup. I bought a fishing wagon for my dad from you a few years back. You even delivered on a date night with your wife in the "Shire" area. He's still using it at 82!

was he ashy?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by colej View Post
    Yup. I bought a fishing wagon for my dad from you a few years back. You even delivered on a date night with your wife in the "Shire" area. He's still using it at 82!
    That's what I thought. Your boys are excellent young men. They hunt, fish and play sports. You done a good job, brother.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Oceanside is the sister school to Gray Collegiate. They both seem to do very well in the sports arena.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Kenny Powers references are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    That's what I thought. Your boys are excellent young men. They hunt, fish and play sports. You done a good job, brother.
    Thanks my man. They've done well. My oldest is a lineman with the city and this one is headed to Real Estate school. A divorce at 10 and 11 yrs old was tough on them and myself but I cant help but think its made us better men in some way , shape ,or form. They have both made me white headed but overall I'll back them any day.

Kyle - he played a great game. We won't have another 1st baseman in Colt's run who can do a split.

Cole's a pleasure to be around, extremely polite, and a great player. He'll surely be missed.

And, as an aside, we held Oceanside 2-4. From what I can tell - this was the closest game they've had this season; they went 25-5 overall & 8-0 in their region.

NCHS is heading to Cheraw @ noon on Saturday. Let's hope for a win so Cole can get to play at least another game!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    Oceanside is the sister school to Gray Collegiate. They both seem to do very well in the sports arena.
    Yes they do.

For clarification, I'm not against sending your kids to charter schools if that's the best fit for your situation. But when those schools are actively going out and recruiting like they are, that's where the rub is. Oceanside has 9 kids, NINE, that are signing to play D1 baseball. They're playing in 2A, and would probably beat most 5A schools in this state. That's some bullshit......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.