Thread: Smart Watches

Default Smart Watches

Recently got a new phone for work and it’s bigger than I prefer so looking to leave it in the truck more. I also have a personal phone I keep for the farm business and everything else.

Looking into a rugged (I will bet the heck out of it) smart watch. I’d like to be able to connect both phones to it at the same time.

Any experience? Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

I’m not sure you can do that. Ask a teenager.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty rough on stuff and Garmin Instinct Solar has held it's own with me for the last two years.

I think you can hook two phones to it but it might mess with the BT functions.

It does have a fairly limited range from phone before loses signal(50-100ft) or so when I leave it in car.

Some days it stays hooked up farther, I haven't quite figured out why.

Phone clip? Fanny pack? Two stellar fashion choices available.

I am on year 5 of a garmin fenix and it has held up great. I wear it everyday and don’t take it off and it has stood the abuse of farming and running cows. 10x tougher than the luminox it replaced.
    cut\'em

I can't stand wearing a watch but work paid for us to get exercise equipment and that included smart watches so I got one. It's a Garmin and I love being able to see texts while in the deer stand or duck boat without digging my phone out. I think you're sol on connecting two phones to one watch. You might find an app that will let you connect one phone to the other phone then connect the lead phone to the watch.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I feel like Tron is a little more believable now then when I was a kid.

my phone has the time on it.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Bluetooth really does not like more than one thing connect at a time and leaving phones in the truck and wearing the watch would exceed the 33ft range of Bluetooth as well. Apple makes a watch that has its own cellular built in that you could forward your phones to but I am not sure that is what you are looking for based on your question. Soley based on your question, I would say there is no product that will allow you to leave both of your phones in the truck and connect to one wearable via Bluetooth or WiFi. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I am on year 5 of a garmin fenix and it has held up great. I wear it everyday and don’t take it off and it has stood the abuse of farming and running cows. 10x tougher than the luminox it replaced.
    ditto on the fenix. I have a fenix 3 Ive had for several years and still runs everyday. i dont use all of the bells and whistles all the time to conserve battery and i get a good 3-4 weeks. when I turn on all the gadgets it runs about 2 weeks.

its tough as nails, and is round like a real watch. I have analog face setting (big hand/little hand) so it looks like a regular watch. I hate the look of an apple watch.

There are several models. Had a previous coworker (ex Marine) that had the tactical version that had other capabilities on his. the new ones have full color GPS.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

If you are a golf guy, look into the Garmin golf watches. Do the same as most smart watches but with the golf stuff.

Garmin Instinct Solar here..does all I need it to. I got it for the bird dog tracking app. Tougher than me, so far.
    At least I'm housebroken.

I've got a Samsung smart watch, but have been entertaining the idea of upgrading to a Garmin.

One of the biggest conveniences for me that the smart watch provides is the ability to save music files on it. It's got like 4MB of memory. I have a bank of rock and metal mp3's I ripped from old CDs. When I go work out or running I no longer have to carry my phone to rock out. I just pop in my earbuds, connect the watch to the buds via Bluetooth, mash play and take off.

Strongly recommend that once you make a list of watches you're considering, search YouTube for reviews. You'll likely learn all or at least most of what you need to know on the device before you buy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-10-2023 at 08:00 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    I hate the look of an apple watch.
    Agreed sir.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft