Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rectec grills ??

Default Rectec grills ??

Looking at new pellet grill

Been using Weber Genesis NG grill for years and love it but wanting more of that wood flavor

I have a Weber Kettle that i really like but since we use a grill several nights a week year round I like something I can have ready quickly

Looked at Traeger, Pitt Boss and others but Rectec has higher temp for searing. Wife and I like steaks rare/M rare at best.

Grill lot of fish as welll

Also have Blackstone griddle and Pit Boss vertical smoker

Pros/cons

I have a RT700. It is great. I also have a Campchef XT that i have had for 3 years now and have never had any issues with. But truth be told i have not used the campchef since getting the Rectec back in August. You could not pay me to have a Pitboss or a Traeger. The pitboss has controller issues and Traeger’s quality of build materials has gone way down hill since they first hit the market.

You cannot convince me either of those can accomplish cooking a steak properly. I have not messed with a rec tech thing, don't really care to. The pit boss's only redeeming factor is you can turn it up, adjust, and use the center for flame.. then it's testing because you'll be moving junk around if you have more then two steaks. Anything else, I guess it's fine, if you don't mind plugging in a grill.

Rec Tec 100% I have the RT 700. If I wanted to sear, I would go with one of the others that have a higher temp. But these things are top notch. Mine had a 6 year warranty. Their customer service is absolutely great. Some of the purists don't want to hear it, but the wifi controls are excellent. I can be 100 miles away and be turning it on and/or checking temps on the grill and food. They use a heavier gauge steel (stainless) than most others as well. Great grill and a great company!

Memphis Wood Fire Grills…Take a look and see what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've cooked on almost all brands.

Pitts and Spitts from Texas is the best I have used.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I prefer a Big Green Egg for versatility. You could probably get a proper sear on a pellet grill if you put a cast iron skillet in it. Every steak I cook is on cast iron whether in the house or on a grill.

I enjoy my recteq. Great build quality. If you want a pellet grill I think recteq is one of the top brands. Made in Augusta as well so it’s local. I personally like that it’s not made in China with crap metal. I’ve cooked about everything on mine and it’s all good eating. I was a charcoal man all my life but actually prefer most of the food from the pellet grill now. Plus I love convenience and it can’t get any easier.

It can cook a good steak, but you’re not gonna get the crust you can get off a hot charcoal grill or cast iron pan.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    I prefer a Big Green Egg for versatility. You could probably get a proper sear on a pellet grill if you put a cast iron skillet in it. Every steak I cook is on cast iron whether in the house or on a grill.
    same, either the egg cranked up, or cast iron.. I have reversed sear zero times in my life though..

RecTec 1250 with the addition of a Grill Grate at full high ... The best steak cooking apparatus there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    RecTec 1250 with the addition of a Grill Grate at full high ... The best steak cooking apparatus there is.

What SS said. I currently have a RT-340, I went with it for portability. My next one will either be the 700 or maybe the 1250.....

Nothing else on the market compares to Rec Teq
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I enjoy my recteq. Great build quality. If you want a pellet grill I think recteq is one of the top brands. Made in Augusta as well so it’s local. I personally like that it’s not made in China with crap metal. I’ve cooked about everything on mine and it’s all good eating. I was a charcoal man all my life but actually prefer most of the food from the pellet grill now. Plus I love convenience and it can’t get any easier.

It can cook a good steak, but you’re not gonna get the crust you can get off a hot charcoal grill or cast iron pan.
    They are imported into Augusta and distributed out of Augusta. Some minor assembly also occurs there. They are not "made" in Augusta.

The Rec Tec products are made in China. Assembly, quality control, and the computer are made in the USA. The company began in a garage in 2009. The business rebranded to “recteq” in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    They are imported into Augusta and distributed out of Augusta. Some minor assembly also occurs there. They are not "made" in Augusta.
    I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    same, either the egg cranked up, or cast iron.. I have reversed sear zero times in my life though..
    I’ve used reverse on the egg for 2 inch thick ribeyes. It works well.
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 03-31-2023 at 09:14 AM.

I use my flat top to sear steaks but Ive got a few buddies that have rectecs with the sear plate and they like it alot

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    This right here! Same set up! And I cook a lot of fish. I still fire up the charcoal for a sear if I have time. I have thought about buying an bullseye just for searing. As much as I love the 1250, because it can do everything. But the one thing the Bullseye can do better is sear. I dont think I would even mess with charcoal or the egg if I had both.

But if you're going to invest in a new pellet you will not regret the 1250 with the grill grate.

And if you want to smoke.....you will get perfect smoke every time!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post

That is why I have been toying with the idea of an bullseye. I've cooked on those a few times. It is like a jet engine. It doesnt smoke as well as the others, but it gets hot, real hot. Like Ruth Chris sear hot.

But if I could only pick one it would be the 1250.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

These are pellet grills, correct?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Yes Sir
    Bone....