Thread: Seapro SV1900 Trolling Motor Setup

Default Seapro SV1900 Trolling Motor Setup

Anyone got any pictures of setup? Guessing 80lb 60" 24v would work best? Brand? All saltwater and must have spotlock. Will be used in heavy current.

Would like to see battery setup/location.

Mine has 80lb Minn Kota hand controlled and I would say that is enough power for it. Of course, the occasional situation comes up where you are wanting more.

I have 2 31 series batteries in the console. They are a bitch to get in and out, but there is plenty of room in there for them.

I'm definitely going to lithium once these give it up..

I'm not sure about the length, but I think it is a 54"... I'll measure it. Whatever it is, it is plenty of length.
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

come by the next time you're in bluffton and take a peek at John's. It's in the boat barn. I have used it several times, not sure what it is other than works as advertised.... give me a heads up and well use it to get after some of your old holes...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

I have an 80/60/24 on my SV2100 and she does just fine. I have a MK Riptide Ulterra and have been very pleased with it.

80/60/24 will work just fine

I am with reeltight, go with Ulterra. You will love it

I still hear of people having issues with the power stow and deploy on the Ulterra. I never here anyone complain about the Terova, also that’s what I have on my Pathfinder and like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Mine doesn't have the auto deploy so maybe I got the name wrong. The first gen of the auto deploy, the motors housings were made of cheap pot metal. I'm fairly confident they fixed that with quickness. I probably wouldn't hesitate today to buy one, but it was a concern when I was looking a few years ago,

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    I still hear of people having issues with the power stow and deploy on the Ulterra. I never here anyone complain about the Terova, also that’s what I have on my Pathfinder and like it.
    Same.

When I was shopping, I called one of their warranty folks. He said that if I wanted to see him often, get the ultera. If I wanted to fish more than I saw him, get the Terova. I got the Terova.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I know you're looking for a minn kota, but if you look at Rhodan's website they have a formula that you can put in everything and it will tell you what size thrust and shaft to get. I would assume the same dimensions should work for Minn Kota

I was asked about Rhodan by a buddy shopping for one. At the time, my position was I'd prefer to have a known brand with accessible parts. Since then I have heard lots of good things about the Rhodans and feel like they're worth at look for sure.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Default Seapro SV1900 Trolling Motor Setup

Might as well go all in on one of the new power pole units for $5k! B.O.A.T. Gets more true every day. Pretty soon you’ll be able to finance the electronics for 20-30 years like you can the boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TXFowler; 05-12-2023 at 10:15 PM.

I’ve had a Rhodan for a little over a year now and have been happy with it. I went with a 36v lithium battery and onboard charging setup. It charges off of the outboard while running. If the boat is out of the water for a while I might plug it in, but for occasional use it has been fine without doing so. Give me a shout if you want more info - I have a contact that is very knowledgeable.

Guy that I work with bought my SV2100 and I’m pretty sure he put the minn Kota terrova on it with a 60” shaft. I will ask him.

I run a SV2300 and have my batteries under the console (about the same setup on your boat, mine is just bigger). I am and have been running a MinnKota Ulterra 36v/60" for about 5 years. I have not had any issues with my Ulterra, but keep in mind with the auto deploy you have to "service" the trolling motor every so often (grease, belt tension, etc). If you are worried about the auto deploy go with the MinnKota Terrova and I would run the 24V/60" if I were you. I would not look any other way than MinnKota.
    "run and gun guide service"