Thread: CZ

Default CZ

Anyone carrying or own a CZ handgun and if so how do you like it?

After Glocks, Rugers, S&W and Sigs I'm wanting to try something different.

Specifically looking at the CZ75 Compact or P01.

From what I'm seeing there is a huge market for upgrades with companies like Cajun Gun Works.

Discuss...
    Last edited by ADP; 05-03-2023 at 07:05 PM. Reason: .

I had one that got stolen, really liked it. Don't remember model but it was full metal frame and slide in .40

great pistols.
    At least I'm housebroken.

I don’t have one, but a lot of people like those 75’s.

I have a Shadow 2 that I use in competition. I Really like it.

They have a solid reputation. The original CZ75 was innovative in how the slide rails are made. Neat guns.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Ran into a serious competition pistol shooter and RSO this weekend while we were doing some church security team training. Noticed he had a CZ hat on so I asked him to give me his thoughts on their pistols. Short version - he absolutely loves them and owns 3 which he competes with. The one he had with him was a "Shadow II" I believe. As SR states above, CZ has a solid reputation amongst the competition folks.

Almost all of their guns are built off of the CZ 75 platform. They have internal frame rails so instead of the slide riding over the rails, it runs inside of them, making the bore axis lower than anything else out there. Their steel framed guns are really nice and have good triggers. If you get them “Cajunized” they become better than any trigger I’ve ever felt, on par with high end 1911s. You won’t regret it. P01, Shadows, CZ75, and my favorite the SP01 are all awesome, just depends on your uses for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WatereesWatson View Post
    Almost all of their guns are built off of the CZ 75 platform. They have internal frame rails so instead of the slide riding over the rails, it runs inside of them, making the bore axis lower than anything else out there. Their steel framed guns are really nice and have good triggers. If you get them “Cajunized” they become better than any trigger I’ve ever felt, on par with high end 1911s. You won’t regret it. P01, Shadows, CZ75, and my favorite the SP01 are all awesome, just depends on your uses for it.
    End thread

I am a 1911 enthusiast. No apologies. There are some fine pistols out there. I still prefer the 1911 over all others.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.