Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had A “Me Day”

That is some impressive bark on that pine...

We all need those kind of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeys, dogs, nap and fishing from a pirogue…. That’ll do

not bad at all.
    sweetie sure is a cute one!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You hit all the buttons. Good job.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I've been trying to kill a bird with my pirogue, but no where close is conducive or beneficial to hunting with it really. The river got up and the road in was under 5' of water, so I paddled in and got on one. He won the 2.5 hour standoff though.

Good stuff.
    Last edited by WNM; 05-03-2023 at 07:56 AM.

I'm assuming you work in public childhood education? Thanks for that; it's arguably the most under-appreciated, difficult, and important spectrum of jobs in America unless you have blue hair, identify as something you are not, and don't really give a shit. Awesome pics of an awesome day doing awesome stuff. Congrats on the bird.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

he works in constructing the buildings for early childhood education...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    he works in constructing the buildings for early childhood education...
    Well now, that’s why that whole “assume” saying is spot on. I thought he didn’t look prematurely aged enough to be an educator. Well, thanks for building the buildings and thanks to any non-leftist-whackadoodle, hard working educators that may read this thread.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    I've been trying to kill a bird with my pirogue, but no where close is conducive or beneficial to hunting with it really. The river got up and the road in was under 5' of water, so I paddled in and got on one. He won the 2.5 hour standoff though.

Good stuff.
    High rivers add a whole new element. Challenging, but fun.

I had a bird (call me a liar but I fully believe this is the case) stay in the same exact tree for over 48 hours. Roosted him one night as the water was on a very rapid rise, and over the next two days it rose even more. I believe he woke up and his entire world as he knew it was gone and underwater. There was absolutely no dry ground where he was at, and no way to hunt him. But he gobbled his head off for two days in a row. I was curious and paddled up right to the base of the massive oak he was in. He looked down at me as if nothing was wrong and never spooked off the limb. I stuck around for a little while just to watch him and he never was uneasy at all. I hope he lived on because he sure had a tough go in that area.

I think often about high water during critical nesting times. This season seemed to be worse than others.

Great day, and some fine looking pups you've got there. I'm looking forward to the day I'll have time to train another pup.

Congrats!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I didn't realize you were hunting the lake/river or I wouldn't have asked where it was. Just thought you were fishing or paddling and it looked like an upstate area so I was curious. I'm not a cyberscouter.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    High rivers add a whole new element. Challenging, but fun.

I had a bird (call me a liar but I fully believe this is the case) stay in the same exact tree for over 48 hours. Roosted him one night as the water was on a very rapid rise, and over the next two days it rose even more. I believe he woke up and his entire world as he knew it was gone and underwater. There was absolutely no dry ground where he was at, and no way to hunt him. But he gobbled his head off for two days in a row. I was curious and paddled up right to the base of the massive oak he was in. He looked down at me as if nothing was wrong and never spooked off the limb. I stuck around for a little while just to watch him and he never was uneasy at all. I hope he lived on because he sure had a tough go in that area.

I think often about high water during critical nesting times. This season seemed to be worse than others.
    one time we had high water and were cruising around in a boat and there was a bobcat that came scurrying down a tree when we went by. I was pretty damn sure he wanted to ride with us. No ground for miles. Same thought. He probably had to stay up there 3-4 days. Not much to eat, I bet. Wonder what ever happened to him, too.

Mike Chamberlain has talked about a radio-tagged hen that died, presumably from starvation, in a tree during a big river flood. No where to go. Pretty wild.

That's the good stuff.