Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bride killed at Folly Beach hours after wedding by drunk driver

Big takeaway it to have your bags packed and ducks in a row and ready to meet your maker at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Big takeaway it to have your bags packed and ducks in a row and ready to meet your maker at all times.
    Pretty sure no carry-ons are allowed, bubba.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Pretty sure no carry-ons are allowed, bubba.
    I have a note and a waiver.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    Good post and I Agree. I brought up the question of if a golf cart can be legally driven at night (for me personally). The quick search I did said that a LSV can be but a golf cart cannot. Also saw that golf carts can’t be turned into LSV. The article mentioned golf cart over and over.
    Attachment 83278
    Not trying to point blame, create laws, or take away from the real intent of this post. Just wondering.
    There's ways around everything....it all depends upon how it's titled. I have a 1 year old gas EZGO S4 golf cart sitting in my garage that has been re-titled as an LSV. Should I choose to register it as an LSV, it is simply a matter of going to the DMV with proof of insurance and picking up the plate.

Pretty sure the article I just read on Fox said the husband is in critical and the pic I saw looks like he’s sedated. Tells me he probably doesn’t even know his wife is gone. Prayers sent for the family and for the husband when he wakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    This.!

I can testify! We can’t second guess the Lord’s timing, but only rest assured it’s in his master plan and learn to deal with it.

Heart breaking event. What a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by contigo View Post
    I don't know the victims, but putting any blame on golf cart laws in inexcusable. No one is a fan of sharing the road with cyclist, golf carts, mopeds and motorcycle's, none of which stand a chance against a 2,000+ pound vehicle at any speed. But in many places some, if not all, are legally allowed to operate on public streets and have the same right to be there as a vehicle. This incident is 100% on an adult who made the adult decision to drive drunk and go 65 mph in a 25 mph zone resulting in the death of this woman. Saying this never would have happened if it weren't for golf carts on the road is like blaming a gun for a murders actions.

If change in law is what you want, it shouldn't have anything to do with golf carts. It should be putting a stop to our slap on the wrist society and giving harsher penalties to people who are directly responsible for outcomes like these, based on decisions they made whether under the influence or not (I'd be willing to bet no one forced her to drink and drive that night). This might be an unpopular opinion for some, but if the driver was sober and going the speed limit, this would have never happened.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by M2Field View Post

She is catching hell on Facebook. Looking at her pics she looks like a sleezy party girl from NJ. Probably enabled by her daddy.

Have to admit I searched her out on FB and saw her pics and had same thoughts as you. But end of day I still feel for her and her parents as well.

Terrible all the way around

Sad story,

Natty lights and trulys kill more people than my guns do

Ban alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This popped up in my news feed today. The bride's mom and sister telling what happened with video of the bride at her wedding

Truly heartbreaking.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peop...cid=entnewsntp
    Last edited by scatter shot; 05-05-2023 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    This popped up in my news feed today. The bride's mom and sister telling what happened with video of the bride at her wedding

Truly heartbreaking.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peop...cid=entnewsntp
    Man that was tough to watch. Alcohol has destroyed so many lives. I just realized this. I hate to admit it but I've been a functioning alcoholic for the last 15 years with it getting so bad the last 2 years I was drinking 8+ beers a day and the weekends were worse. My life has gone to shambles the last few months and I didn't know how to deal so I drank more. On Valentine's day this year, a conversation with my wife finally clicked in my brain. I decided enough was enough and I was done. I said the hardest prayers I've ever said snd I joined a gym that same day. Fast forward too today, I just jogged 1.5 miles and I'm down 30 lbs. 82 days sober with no plans of going back. Stories like this remind me on the harder days when I think I can have one beer and just moderately drink again one day that it's not worth it. I feel so bad for these 2 families and all of there friends. I will be lifting them up in my prayers.

God is good, God is merciful but sometimes we don't always understand His plans. As Glenn said we have to be ready everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    Man that was tough to watch. Alcohol has destroyed so many lives. I just realized this. I hate to admit it but I've been a functioning alcoholic for the last 15 years with it getting so bad the last 2 years I was drinking 8+ beers a day and the weekends were worse. My life has gone to shambles the last few months and I didn't know how to deal so I drank more. On Valentine's day this year, a conversation with my wife finally clicked in my brain. I decided enough was enough and I was done. I said the hardest prayers I've ever said snd I joined a gym that same day. Fast forward too today, I just jogged 1.5 miles and I'm down 30 lbs. 82 days sober with no plans of going back. Stories like this remind me on the harder days when I think I can have one beer and just moderately drink again one day that it's not worth it. I feel so bad for these 2 families and all of there friends. I will be lifting them up in my prayers.

God is good, God is merciful but sometimes we don't always understand His plans. As Glenn said we have to be ready everyday.
    Good job, June 10 will be 13 years for me. Emily passed away 10yrs to the day, almost minute I had my last drop. Between that and it giving me pancreatitis, I’ll never touch it again. I’m still fat but I get things done and enjoy life every single day.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Good job, June 10 will be 13 years for me. Emily passed away 10yrs to the day, almost minute I had my last drop. Between that and it giving me pancreatitis, I’ll never touch it again. I’m still fat but I get things done and enjoy life every single day.
    Good for you friend.
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

My kudos to you. My dad was a mean alcoholic for years and it was damn rough on our family. My younger brother took his pain out in a lot of partying and was an alcoholic for 25+ years. It took him seven years and three rehab tries before he broke through, but he's now been sober for 19 years and his life is better than ever with his third wife, who's a real treasure (and a former divorce attorney, which no doubt had a positive impact).

Congratulations to you... and you, too, Saltydog235. Keep up the fine work.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 05-06-2023 at 11:25 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Good for you buddy. I’m the weirdo buying non-alcoholic beer at the grocery store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praise God! I quit drinking 812 times, but it was Him showing me what was most important that helped it click for good for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

[QUOTE=Timber Ghost;3083840]Good for you buddy. I’m the weirdo buying non-alcoholic beer at the grocery store.

Me too. It is nice they have a lot of non alcoholic options now. I quit about 2 years ago. Keep up the good work fellas. Only good things come out of it.
    More Ducks, Less People

For those who think you are alone and no one understands…this thread is a testament just how many of us have been there and have walked that walk.

It’s all fun and games until it’s not. Alcohol can grab your life by the balls, ring them out and smash the with a ball peen hammer.

M.R.Ducks…praise God my friend.

65FAA774-BEA9-4DA2-9A5E-55497AB531A6.jpg
    Last edited by reeltight; 05-07-2023 at 10:52 AM.

Thank you all for the support. It is only through God that I was able to quit cold turkey. Also good on the rest of you that are sober as well.
    R. Not