Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bride killed at Folly Beach hours after wedding by drunk driver

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    If I really wanna throw some gas on this fire, why is this still news? Dozens, if not hundreds of people have been killed by drunk drivers since this happened. Where's the outrage and heartbreak concerning those people? Why is this different?Again, a horrible tragedy nonetheless, but a fair question, too.
    Because it is local for most a lot of the members i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Every one of y’all who have ever driven while “under the influence”
    alcohol or drugs need to stop talking. And I would bet the back 40 that it would be 95% of you.

I did. Once. At 21 years old. After I got home safe and sobered up, and realized what I had done, and thanked the Good Lord that I hadn’t killed anyone or myself, I said never again, and all these years later, I have never again driven after drinking, any amount. Those of you who drive after “a couple few beers”…..this could just as easy be you.
    I agree with you that it could happen to anyone who has or does drink and drive after “a few beers.” My thing is the 65mph in a 25mph. Drunk or sober that is absolutely ridiculous.
    Last edited by Buckin Bronco; 05-22-2023 at 01:57 PM.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Preach JJ

alcohol or drugs need to stop talking. And I would bet the back 40 that it would be 95% of you.

I did. Once. At 21 years old. After I got home safe and sobered up, and realized what I had done, and thanked the Good Lord that I hadn’t killed anyone or myself, I said never again, and all these years later, I have never again driven after drinking, any amount. Those of you who drive after “a couple few beers”…..this could just as easy be you.
    I am in no way advocating for DUI, however comparing a few beer to what she had running through her system is two totally different things.

She had more than a few beer. Not to mention as the story has unfolded she was mixing with meds. Those 2 usually dont pair well. The whole part about he family worrying about her getting her meds? I'd be the front 40 its Ativan or xanax. It dont take much of those 2 to cause one to act almost as if you are on qualudes if you ever experienced those. Now you cant get Ludes any more but you can most certainly get the other 2 and one has been handed out like candy sense the pandemic started. And with a BAC 3x the legal limit I suspect it went something like this.

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Because it is local for most a lot of the members i guess.
    Understood, but I meant the public in general. This was all over the national news. Haven't heard a story like it since. Although I don't watch the news.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

You’re correct on the driving drunk part, no disputing that and guilty as charged in the past. The 65 in a 25 is incomprehensible, the whining about why me, the it’s a freak accident, the belligerence at the scene, the entitlement and apparent self absorption of her own dilemma and little to no regard for those she has devastated is more the point. If she bonds out, she’s gone. She destroyed a lot, her sitting in prison until trial isn’t a big deal.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

If one of my kids ended up in a situation like this around the same age, I'm fine admitting I'd do everything I could to make sure they wouldn't spend life altering time in prison. I'd also make sure my child understood the significance of what they caused to happen, and make damn sure there was remorse way before we looked at the consequences coming their direction. I wouldn't be against 1-5 years for one of my kids in a situation like this, but I'd definitely be against them missing the age of 20-35 when they should be starting a career, meeting their spouse, making a family, etc. I don't believe 10-15+ years in prison is going to 'rehabilitate' anyone at that young of an age (assuming they're over all decent people who made an incredibly stupid decision), if anything they stand a good chance of coming back as a burden to society or someone who is now a 'trained criminal'. My opinion changes around the age of 25 years old, to me, that age is one where stupid decisions of that magnitude aren't as easily forgiven. What I said also doesn't count if they've had prior DUI's or other run ins with the law.

I understand the victim doesn't get that benefit, their life ended that night and they will never be back. I also don't know how I'd feel if I was the father of a victim. I'd like to think I'd have the same mindset when it comes to punishment, but I honestly don't know. The idea of effectively ruining a young life that was otherwise going in the right direction for one lapse in judgment doesn't seem like the best answer. I'm not afraid to admit that comes off as hypocritical.

We are a society that lacks a sense of accountability in almost every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    You’re correct on the driving drunk part, no disputing that and guilty as charged in the past. The 65 in a 25 is incomprehensible, the whining about why me, the it’s a freak accident, the belligerence at the scene, the entitlement and apparent self absorption of her own dilemma and little to no regard for those she has devastated is more the point. If she bonds out, she’s gone. She destroyed a lot, her sitting in prison until trial isn’t a big deal.
    Well said.

You all know the justice system is not fair in prosecution and sentencing these days. I see things everyday that get a slap on the wrist for heinous crimes and minor crimes get the book thrown at them. Hell she may get time served and probation if she has never been in trouble depends how long before it goes to trial but I suspect less 5 or less out in 18 months. Is it fair, not to the victim. Again i dont know all her circumstance. I am not advocating for her just stating the obvious. She won't rot in prison in any event.
    Last edited by centurian; 05-22-2023 at 03:03 PM.

The issue with the system now is the pendulum has swung to far back the other way.

Due to it being artificially swung to the right by no less than Clinton and Biden

Don’t worry Guilliani was in on it too.

But they passed the laws.

Go back to mid seventies and we will be fine

Murder rape your in big trouble possibly death

Child rapist certainly death

Drugs
    Put in 1-5 depends on how many
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

When I was working in the upstate, I had a woman who ran her husband over with HIS work dually, and then drug him 1/4 mile down the road as he was wrapped up in the rear duals. You could still see the trail of said husband 2 years later on the asphalt. Probably one of the most horrendous bodies I've ever seen. She had a 4 year old in the back seat who kept asking if her dad was ok. She was drunk, and admitted to smoking marijuana. She was also pregnant. Witnesses stated you could hear the man screaming. I can't imagine.

She pled guilty to reckless homicide, and 10 other charges were dropped.

She got 10 years and was granted 2 weeks of "Free Time" before she had to report to jail so she could see the kid start her first day of kindergarten.... I could have spit on that courtroom floor. Of course we received many videos of her out partying and drinking, but judge refused to reverse his order. Oh and Duke power's dually is still impounded as evidence and they will never see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    The issue with the system now is the pendulum has swung to far back the other way.

Due to it being artificially swung to the right by no less than Clinton and Biden

Don’t worry Guilliani was in on it too.

But they passed the laws.

Go back to mid seventies and we will be fine

Murder rape your in big trouble possibly death

Child rapist certainly death

Drugs
    Put in 1-5 depends on how many
    Drug dealers are menaces to society just like spoons make people fat. You (GENERALLY) gotta use 'em for them to cause you harm.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    We are a society that lacks a sense of accountability in almost every aspect.
    Worth reading that again.

The driver is a piece of shit, in every regard and exemplifies this statement to a T.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Drug dealers are menaces to society just like spoons make people fat. You (GENERALLY) gotta use 'em for them to cause you harm.
    There is that whole killing eachother thing, but other than that, I kinda agree.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

I still wonder what changed. Lheader and Ochoa's didnt want to kill anyone but the US government. Crazy Charlie was stupid enough to post videos. The Ochoa's walked, all those that played ball. Pablo decided to kill have the government and blow up an air liner with US folks on board. What did he think was gonna happen. He broke the rules.

Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I still wonder what changed. Lheader and Ochoa's didnt want to kill anyone but the US government. Crazy Charlie was stupid enough to post videos. The Ochoa's walked, all those that played ball. Pablo decided to kill have the government and blow up an air liner with US folks on board. What did he think was gonna happen. He broke the rules.

not sure what in heck this has to do with a car wreck

Must be genetic.

The mother of a South Carolina woman who allegedly drove drunk and fatally hit a newlywed bride earlier this month was accused of "carelessly" striking and killing a firefighter in a 2013 car crash.

Traci Komoroski, mother of DUI suspect Jamie Lee Komoroski, was involved in a New Jersey collision in March 2013 that left 35-year-old firefighter Jeffrey Scheuerer dead, according to court documents and local reports.

A 2014 civil lawsuit that Scheuerer's estate filed against Komoroski alleged that the then-52-year-old woman "negligently and carelessly failed to appreciate [Scheuerer] and the general firefighting activity in the area, resulting in her striking [Scheuerer's] body causing grievous and ultimately fatal injuries."

"As a direct and proximate result of the aforesaid carelessness, negligence and recklessness of the defendants, [Scheuerer] was violently struck, sustaining painful and permanent injuries and resultant death," according to the complaint, which sought a trial by jury at the time.

Jeffrey Scheuerer headshot
    Traci Komoroski, mother of DUI suspect Jamie Lee Komoroski, was involved in a New Jersey car crash in March 2013 that left 35-year-old firefighter Jeffrey Scheuerer dead, according to court documents and local reports. (Jeffrey Scheuerer Memorial website)
    The plaintiffs and Komoroski ultimately reached a $100,000 settlement in the case.

Then-Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony P. Kearns released the results of a preliminary investigation into the crash in April 2013 that found a "sudden" shift of wind on the morning of March 28, 2013, caused smoke to block three drivers' views of a firetruck blocking Lebanon-Stanton Road with its emergency lights flashing, according to the Hunterdon County Democrat.

LAWYERS FOR SOUTH CAROLINA DRIVER ACCUSED OF KILLING BRIDE SAY ‘DON’T RUSH TO JUDGMENT'

The third driver, Komoroski, ultimately struck the firetruck, killing Scheuerer.

READ THE COMPLAINT:

View PDF
    Scheuerer was "operating a hose reel on the driver’s side of the firetruck and was in the southbound lane" when a "sudden shift in the wind brought heavy smoke into the roadway and caused a significant reduction in visibility," Kearns said of the collision.

As the wind and smoke shifted, three vehicles were in the same southbound lane approaching the firetruck, which they did not see "until the last second," the former county prosecutor said at the time.

Gracious.

Don’t Christians believe in forgiveness?
    More fuel = more boost!!