Thread: Best one yet…

Default Best one yet…

Hate that it’s over, but it sure was one for the books! Got to kill a bird on the family place for the first time ever, killed a good public land bird, but the best part was time spent with my boy. Being a father and watching your little ones fall in love with the things you love is something special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

that's good stuff
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Awesome pics of little man
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Good stuff!

I am over here thinking that you should be jailed for feeding that shite to him, and then you have to go and totally redeem yourself with the Vienna sausages. Nice work!

Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I am over here thinking that you should be jailed for feeding that shite to him, and then you have to go and totally redeem yourself with the Vienna sausages. Nice work!
    Mom snacks vs Dad snacks.

And he doesn’t call them viennas, they’re monkey weenies.

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Good stuff, glad to see the little one enjoying it!

That is solid stuff!
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Beat me to it

Heck yeah, congrats dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Good stuff all the way around!
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

"Monkey weenies"...

Great stuff. Wish I still had a neighbor kid I could borrow to take out hunting like that. They've all grown up and wandered off.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Here’s another fantastic snack photo. Definitely on par with monkey weenies.

Default Best one yet…

And the kid loves him some “We Will Rock You”. So one day we’re riding down the road and he asks me to turn it on the radio. I go ahead and download some kind of Queen’s best hits album, because why not.

As God as my witness, the morning he kills his first bird, we’re on the way to the club and he asks to play “We Will Rock You”. I oblige, which lead to listening to “We Are the Champions”, “Fat Bottom Girls”, and “Another One Bites the Dust” before we get there. After he killed and we took pictures, we had to pull some cameras down and he wanted to ride in the back with his turkey. I’ve got the windows down, no music on, and catch him singing “Another One Bites the Dust” on repeat, while he’s chilling in the back with his trophy.

Last edited by quackaddict; 05-01-2023 at 10:05 PM.

Great season buddy!