Thread: Firearm insurance

Default Firearm insurance

Say my neighbor has 2-3 gun safes...currently insured under inland marine policies with HO. Also, what about gun owners liability riders for CWP holders? Any legal professionals care to weigh in off the record on that can of worms?

Where would he look elsewhere for firearm coverage? Any personal experiences good/bad would be appreciated...

ETA: Would prefer not to have to provide serial numbers if at all possible.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 05-01-2023 at 07:44 AM.

I can do it for “your neighbor” but would have to have the serial numbers. The only place I know that you don’t is through the NRA I believe. I would definitely get it off your homeowners because there is usually limitations and subject to higher deductible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gun insurance: Gun and Trophy (no S/N's required unless you have an individual firearm over $10k if I recall correctly)

CWP liability: CCW Safe (while it's the most expensive, CCW Safe has the most comprehensive coverage with the least amount of restrictions/disclaimers)

My neighbor has this one and only pays like $185/year. https://www.easterninsurance.com/ins...toric-firearms

No serial numbers needed unless any one particular firearm is over 10K. Even covers while in transportation to and from range.

From the research I have done(for my neighbor) to date Gun and Trophy appeared to be the leader in the clubhouse, but I knew absolutely nothing of them...
    Last edited by FishSticker; 05-01-2023 at 07:32 AM.

Good thread. It's been a couple years since I've updated my HO coverage (scheduled) and that has been on my list to do. I like the Gun and Trophy option much better than my current homeowner's coverage. It is less expensive and I don't have to keep the schedule updated. Thanks for the info, gents.

My neighbor should look into this.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Good thread. It's been a couple years since I've updated my HO coverage (scheduled) and that has been on my list to do. I like the Gun and Trophy option much better than my current homeowner's coverage. It is less expensive and I don't have to keep the schedule updated. Thanks for the info, gents.
    That's what i'm seeing now as well...Inland marine policy is somewhere 450/yr and it wouldn't begin to cover anywhere close to a total loss. HO policy is useless as it is capped at 2.5k.