Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finger Print Card

The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday enjoined the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives from enforcing its new rule against gun owners and Second Amendment groups who filed a lawsuit challenging the regulation. The temporary injunction comes days before a deadline for individuals to register their pistol braces with ATF, destroy them, or remove the accessories from their weapons. Those that do not comply with the regulation by May 31 will be forced to pay a fee. The consequences for those that choose not to register their firearm with a stabilizing brace and keep it include up to 10 years' imprisonment or $10,000 in fines or both, according to ATF.

Quote Originally Posted by TennDan View Post
    The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday enjoined the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives from enforcing its new rule against gun owners and Second Amendment groups who filed a lawsuit challenging the regulation. The temporary injunction comes days before a deadline for individuals to register their pistol braces with ATF, destroy them, or remove the accessories from their weapons. Those that do not comply with the regulation by May 31 will be forced to pay a fee. The consequences for those that choose not to register their firearm with a stabilizing brace and keep it include up to 10 years' imprisonment or $10,000 in fines or both, according to ATF.
    Thanks for posting that link. That's great news, and huge start!

However, it would seem that the most critical language in that article is the following:

"The full impact of the court's decision wasn’t immediately clear. The order applied only to the plaintiffs in the case: two gun owners, a company that makes pistols with stabilizing braces, and a gun-rights group. The appeals court did not say whether the rule was blocked for others, including people who buy the guns from the company, Maxim Defense Industries, and members of the Firearms Policy Coalition."

Thus, unless some additional news comes out in the next few days, this court order does not apply to the vast majority of brace-endowed pistols/SBR's.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 05-25-2023 at 09:42 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    holy shit! you made a funny!
    I'm so proud of you so I will, indeed, donate.

(but you'd probably return it)
    snicker
    If you had ever decided to not be an a'hole these past 10+ years, you would have found that quite a number of people who've known me over the years, including employees, find/found me to be a very decent, generous, somewhat sarcastic, and humorous guy. Surprise! Too bad you'll never find out.

As for returning any donation you would ever actually fork over, no, I wouldn't. I'd forward it on to 'Emily's House' in memory of Carter, the young 9 year old who never got a chance to live as a young boy without being ill his whole life.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 05-25-2023 at 09:42 PM.
    ~ George Washington

I still went forward with my tax forebearance Form 1 application just now... I already have multiple NFA items and this will just cross that "T" in case the ban still goes forth. It was easy. Now to go by HQ and get fingerprinted on Tuesday.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Just a point of info in case anyone has been wondering about this like I was...

According to the ATF info, the individual MUST have had possession of the 'brace' or 'SBR' affected firearm before January 31, 2023, in order to file for his fee waiver.
    ~ George Washington