Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finger Print Card

Default Finger Print Card

I just completed an on-line Form 1 for a SBR
    Where in the Columbia area is the simplest place to walk in and get a
    finger print card?
    Thanks
    Last edited by ecu1984; 04-30-2023 at 03:40 PM.

Identogo or something like that on st Andrew’s road will take walk ins I believe. Same shopping center as the old Sandy’s hot dogs

When I went to get my fingerprints for the suppressor I walked in and out of shooters choice real quick. Not sure exactly what you want/need though with the form 1
    Last edited by theoldblackdog; 04-30-2023 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Identogo or something like that on st Andrew’s road will take walk ins I believe. Same shopping center as the old Sandy’s hot dogs

When I went to get my fingerprints for the suppressor I walked in and out of shooters choice real quick. Not sure exactly what you want/need though with the form 1
    Thanks, I will call them in the morning,
    Form 1 application acceptance email stated I need to mail two "finger print cards" within 10 days of the application.
    Email gave me a personalized cover letter to include in the envelope with the cards
    I was surprised how easy the whole process was and didn't have to pay the $200 due to being within the "free 120 day period"

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post

that was it, I am done
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I was surprised how easy the whole process was and didn't have to pay the $200 due to being within the "free 120 day period"
    ecu, what's this 120 day free period... when did it start and end? It would be nice to catch that.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

The process itself is easy. Its the waiting that is pissing me off. I submitted two Form1s back in early March and im still waiting. One I had to pay $200 tax, one was under "amnesty." Im still waiting. My brother on the other hand has submitted three and all were approved within three weeks. Im also about to reach 300 days on a Form4. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Last edited by pluffmudder; 05-20-2023 at 05:38 AM.

It has to be registered before May 31 or do you have to start the application before May 31st?

Technically it was only supposed to be for pistol brace guns, but they got too many people abusing the process by flooding the system. If the form isnt processed in 88 days it automatically rejected. You have now admitted to having an illegal SBR. They ended up with a ton of law suits, and they just opened the door basically to all SBR's.

AND yes, I have sen some Eform 1's returned in 2 weeks. Others 6 months. As for form 4's Silencer Shop needs to be sued for false advertising, but they will put it off on the ATF for the 90 days advertisement. They pushed that crap so hard it was unreal. I got cussed out over peoples form 4's not being back in 90 days as if I had any control over it. They are running about 10-11 months. Almost same thing as a paper.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Technically it was only supposed to be for pistol brace guns, but they got too many people abusing the process by flooding the system. If the form isnt processed in 88 days it automatically rejected. You have now admitted to having an illegal SBR. They ended up with a ton of law suits, and they just opened the door basically to all SBR's.
    Do I get this right that the door is open to file for a free stamp for an SBR, or really any ‘pistol brace’ firearm that could be either?

I assume the $200 stamp for a suppressor is still in place. That’s what we need to get rud if like so many other countries who sell suppressors off-the-shelf.
    ~ George Washington

Are they accepting fingerprint cards from IdentoGo that are printed versions of the electronic scan?

I am trying to find someone that can give me the electronic fingerprints on a jump drive so I can send them that way.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Are they accepting fingerprint cards from IdentoGo that are printed versions of the electronic scan?

I am trying to find someone that can give me the electronic fingerprints on a jump drive so I can send them that way.
    You must make an appointment
    I was in there no more than 15 minutes and walked out with two "SLED" hard copy finger print cards for $20
    She rolled my fingers on a pad/scanner that placed them onto the "card" on her computer screen and she then printed them for me.
    She did tell me they were immediately deleted from their system
    I think I remember her asking me if I wanted "printed hard copies" or electronic file type
    Give them a call

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post

yes, they want two copies of the printed cards,
    As soon as you hit the submit button on the on-line Form1 application, ATF immediately emails you a cover letter to print and include with the cards when you mail them in.
    My son got his free SBR approval back in 21 days, I saw how easy it was, so I am swapping a couple 300 Blkout pistols into SBRs
    My application was submitted about 2 1/2 weeks ago
    Last edited by ecu1984; 05-21-2023 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TennDan View Post
    It has to be registered before May 31 or do you have to start the application before May 31st?
    You only have to have proof (USPS Receipt of Priority Mail, print-out, etc) that you have submitted for the waiver on(?) or before May 31, 2023...

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/prio...ssess-my-short
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Anyone who understands the ins-and-outs of this, please advise...

"Do I get this right that the door is open to file for a free stamp for an SBR, or really any ‘pistol brace’ firearm that could be either?"

I've read through the Form 1 instructions, but I'll ask here anyway for clarification...

Do you have to be in possession of an existing 'pistol with a stabilizing brace... "or any other stock that can be shouldered"... in order to file a Form 1 for this waiver?

That is, can you apply for the waiver and permit BEFORE you build your firearm, assuming you have the receiver and serial number and know what length barrel you'd put on it, etc?

Or do you have to have this 'potentially illegal SBR' in possession in order to apply?

Thanks for any assistance.
    ~ George Washington

Bump... ?
    ~ George Washington

there's a small fee
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    there's a small fee
    Which I’m sure you’ll donate to cover.
    ~ George Washington

holy shit! you made a funny!
    I'm so proud of you so I will, indeed, donate.

(but you'd probably return it)
    snicker
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.