View Poll Results: Do you want to require a boater safety course for boaters born after 2007?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 33.89%
  • No

107 59.44%
  • Yes because I am grandfathered

12 6.67%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Boater safety poll

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Thank you. Just tell us who to contact next.
    I believe our state senators

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still totally disagree with this bill and its amendment.

what am I missing?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I still totally disagree with this bill and its amendment.

what am I missing?
    Have you contacted your representatives to tell them so? If not, it certainly can’t hurt and is pretty low effort.

I still think we should draft up an online petition and circulate it to everyone we know. I am not opposed to helping but want to ensure what we represent in the wording is 100% accurate.

Nice jab. But why would I support a bill that I dont agree with? The amendment is even more stupid.

Does anyone read any more? Does the poll matter? Phillip came on here and praised us for our efforts. I really am confused. The poll states that 2/3 dont want a boater safety course.

SSW pointed out that DT was also against it, I think?

What the hell is going on????

Nice jab. But why would I support a bill that I dont agree with? The amendment is even more stupid.

Does anyone read any more? Does the poll matter? Phillip came on here and praised us for our efforts. I really am confused. The poll states that 2/3 dont want a boater safety course.

Seems it is going through like it or not and the amendment is a stop gap so as not to be harassed by DNR any more than they already are.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Next we should have the state issue swimming certificates to all people that come within a 100' of a body of water to prevent drownings. Drowning can be prevented. Non swimmers should stay away from the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    This legislation isn't coming from DNR. This is coming as a reaction to some well publicized boat accidents. Maybe you have heard of some? Did y'all see the other bill that mandates you must carry $50,000 worth of liability insurance for any boat motor of 70 HP or greater? You SHOULD if you have any sense or assets to protect, but seeing it coming from Hutto is so damned laughable...
    yet the minimum is $25K liability for vehicle insurance where accidents are a 100X more likely to occur. Makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

DT is against the bill. In order to try and kill the bill he put the amendment in, or water it down. Worse case scenario throw a zebec in the boat and you dont need to have your piece of paper you print out after your 3 hour internet course. Some folks do not have reading comprehension and or just dog pile because they dont like DT.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

i dont like more laws. DT may have our best interests at heart, and I get that, but he's playing for the wrong team.

The amendment is a joke. Its silly. It makes enforcing the law absurd. The way politics is done is insane. there was some talk about it being late in the day and thats the best time to sneak laws in? Does anyone give a shit about that part? Its maddening to watch people on this site react and dogpile and follow the leader. I like rational thought. and calling or emailing my congressman is such a cop-out excuse.
    (NO DT I AM NOT GOING TO RUN FOR OFFICE)

i dont like more laws. DT may have our best interests at heart, and I get that, but he's playing for the wrong team.

The amendment is a joke. Its silly. It makes enforcing the law absurd. The way politics is done is insane. there was some talk about it being late in the day and thats the best time to sneak laws in? Does anyone give a shit about that part? Its maddening to watch people on this site react and dogpile and follow the leader. I like rational thought. and calling or emailing my congressman is such a cop-out excuse.
    (NO DT I AM NOT GOING TO RUN FOR OFFICE)
    The bill was going to pass. The absurd amendment was put in to try and stop it at least temporarily. It worked after members on this site started calling representatives. Nobody wants this to pass. I believe you are misinterpreting what has been happening

i aint the only one.
    I am following.

I just think its two wrongs not making a damn thing right.

so , we realize the amendment is stupid but we call our reps to support it? You see how f'ed up that is?

That was the only way to kill the bill. It passed the senate unanimously. Normally once it got to the house it would have passed and been on the way to Fog Horn Leghorn's desk.

By putting the amendment in and having it added it watered down the bill and changed it so much so that now it has to go back to the senate to vote to accept the bill as is with the Zebco amendment. or it goes to an committee of 3 house members and 3 senate members. They can then strip the amendment. Then send it back to the house for a vote with out the amendment in the bill. I.E. it's the original form of the bill.

Hopefully with the session winding down and a very busy week, the senate will not have time to take the issue up, and thus it dies off.

I get why you dont like it, but that is how the game is played.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

i aint the only one.
    I am following.

so , we realize the amendment is stupid but we call our reps to support it? You see how f'ed up that is?
    It’s how politics currently work.

but calling my rep will put an end to it, per DT.
    or running for office. If I run, the whole system will change?

I'm tired of BS rhetoric.

I guess I'm officially a libertarian, if that were actually a thing.

i aint the only one.
    I am following.

I’d rather play the game and win than lose and complain it wasn’t right or fair.

if this is winning, I dont give a shit.
    Because its not winning. Its absurd.

the "zebco" amendment.
    laughable, at best.

if the bill dies, that's a win? I guess so....but its still icky.

yes, i said icky.

It’s more concerning to me that laws like this are introduced and passed and we don’t know about it until after the fact. Thanks to Mr. Lowe for bringing it to our attention

i can agree with that but i'm drawing a line....

My emails requested that they kill the whole thing. No jabs thrown. Atleast I can say I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    That was the only way to kill the bill. It passed the senate unanimously. Normally once it got to the house it would have passed and been on the way to Fog Horn Leghorn's desk.

By putting the amendment in and having it added it watered down the bill and changed it so much so that now it has to go back to the senate to vote to accept the bill as is with the Zebco amendment. or it goes to an committee of 3 house members and 3 senate members. They can then strip the amendment. Then send it back to the house for a vote with out the amendment in the bill. I.E. it's the original form of the bill.

Hopefully with the session winding down and a very busy week, the senate will not have time to take the issue up, and thus it dies off.

I get why you dont like it, but that is how the game is played.
    Sw why don’t you draw up the verbiage for a petition? I dont want to misspeak while writing it. If we made it as simple as electronically signing your name I could make this exponentially grow.