Thread: Landowner Relations...

Default Landowner Relations...

Bureau of Land Management, how may I help you?

A couple of things - the new rig was perfect for stalking the beaver pond. Secondly, when you use voice-to-text to tell a friend that you have a beaver depredation project, Google will choose "deprivation". Yes, I have the proper paperwork and I'm sure I've got some more work to do but a little bit of early success is encouraging.

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

What rifle?

Nice. Sneaky bastards are not as easy to bushwhack as people think...

How about some deets on the new rig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Interesting that it attacked a pine tree. Guess I’ve been unlucky in that regard as they’ve only ever messed up some of my larger hardwoods.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Interesting that it attacked a pine tree. Guess I’ve been unlucky in that regard as they’ve only ever messed up some of my larger hardwoods.
    Yessir. They will chew a pine in a heartbeat. They will also cut down corn and carry it back to their burrow. The burrow may be in your pond dam or dike. Well constructed, it isn't a huge problem. Until you kill them. Then the rats smell the corn and move into the burrow. Unlike beavers, rats have to have an escape hatch and will dig one out the backside. Then we have us a big ole problem... #unintendedconsequenses

Sorry - it's a Ruger 9mm PCC with a $130 Cabela's 3x Firebolt Prism Sight and an Amazon cheapie light/green laser. I sighted it in at 50 yards with 115 grain ball ammo but used Nosler 115 grain hollow points. I think I shot 5 times and hit it every time but it was close to the bank and I didn't want it swimming off. I know the first shot was in the head. It was an easy retrieve.

The beavers started showing up at the deer club a while ago and would leave and come back never doing a ton of damage. I've seen them a couple of times while I was deer hunting but didn't want to ruin the sit so I never took a shot. They started staying and causing a lot of damage then, the last straw, they cleared the saplings from around one of my stands leaving it out in the wide open.

JABIII, this poor thing has lived in a gated community for a while so I'm not going to give myself too much credit for being a great beaver stalker...yet. The message has been delivered, the remaining members of the community better step up their game...

The Cabela's scope is very nice, so far, but it must have some lock tight up on the hex-head screws underneath the scope because they will shake loose after just a few shots.

Here's a HP vs FMJ test I ran a week or so ago...

https://scducks.com/forum/showthread...7097-FMJ-vs-HP

It's been killing the heck out of the pines and, so far, avoiding the willows, all but one anyway. The main target has been peach trees. It not just cutting the pine but it's hauling them off too.

Nice.

You should try some 147gr Federal HST's and some 147gr Winchester Ranger XT's.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Nice.

You should try some 147gr Federal HST's and some 147gr Winchester Ranger XT's.
    I went with the 115gr so I can use it as my coyote rifle too and stretch it out to 100 or so yards if necessary.