Thread: Are you a "weather fan?"

Default Are you a "weather fan?"

Come to Wyoming. I woke up at 5:30 this morning. By the time I had finished my first cup of coffee, I had determined that this would be my first day to wear shorts to work. At 7:00 as I walked into the hospital, the warm sunshine and clam clear sky was making me feel great about a good afternoon of outside house and yard work.

When I was leaving the hospital at 12:30, there were dark clouds brewing and I heard thunder crack to the south of down. It was still plenty warm, and I was hopeful the storm would pass and I could still do that outside work.

On my way home, it rained to beat the band.

When I stepped out of my car to go into my house at 12:40, it was 10 degrees cooler than it was at 12:30, and the sun had once again emerged...but it was not shorts weather anymore.

When I got called back in at 2:30 to sedate a kid whose fingertip was clipped off by a heavy door, it was sunny but colder. When I left the hospital to return home at 3:45, it was completely grey with rain mixed with snow blowing sideways in a 20mph west wind.

As I type this at 5:30, the rain and snow has stopped, but a north west wind is blowing a steady 30-40 mph with gusts near 60.

We've all heard the ol' saying, "if you don't like the weather in _____, just wait; it will change." Whatever...this is just silly and ridiculous.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

What part of WY? I’m moving to Cheyenne in Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Wow

I remember those days distinctly when I lived North of Sheridan. To this day, my backseat stays full of fleeces, jackets and vests because it seemed like a 50 deg temperature swing was standard 5 or 6 months a year. Sure was nice never sweating first thing in the morning
    cut\'em

I'm in Wheatland...Cheyenne experiences everything we do here other than the ridiculous wind. Don't get me wrong...the wind blows in Cheyenne too, but not as bad or for as long. I like it for the most part; it keeps you on your toes and is rarely dull, but this has been a long and drawn out winter, and I'm ready for a stretch of warmth and calm.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I say all the time I want to be an weather man when I grow up!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I’ll never forget a warm day in June back when we lived in Idaho. I walked into the grocery store in shorts and came back out to a parking lot covered in snow.

Man, I miss that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Reminds me of boot camp in Ft Leonard Wood MO.