Thread: Low light deer hunting scope

Default Low light deer hunting scope

Best low light deer hunting scope. Really interested in the Leupold vx5 HD 3x15x44

Looking to see if anyone has any experience with a different manufacturer that will have equally as good of glass. Thanks in advance
    For nothing will be impossible with CHRIST Luke 1:37

Schmidt and Bender Polar T96 or Stratos
    Swarovski Z6 or over
    Leica Magnus, ER or Amplus
    Meopta Meostar

Lots of optics are better but I’m impressed with my VX5HD for the money. And I’m not a Leupold fan at all.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Swarovski Z8 with the IR. Best scope I’ve ever looked through.

SC is about the only state you need a low light scope. We are the only state that allows hunting an hour before sunrise or after sunset. With scopes you basically get what you pay for. More money better low light calibility from my experience

The Trijicon scopes are good as well

Tangent-Theta
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

You won't beat a swaro, except with a flashlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

I use Swaro's/Meopta/Leupold. I hunt EARLY and LATE, In fact I use my watch see when legal shooting time is. These work for me. I won't use anything else.

I’ve got everything mentioned several times over

Tangent is a whole other level.

Be glad to show anyone who doubts me.

S&B Swortz are ahead of most but you cross a whole other level into the world of Tangent.

Now bring your pocket book. They don’t give them away.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Swarovski/Kahles is legit. Been using the 3-12x56 (30mmtube) for 40 years on 4 rifles. Upgraded to the new HD 2.3-15x56 with turrets on a couple of platforms.

If I had to use a cheap scope, I would, and put the savings into Swarovski Binocs... you can find a deer/hog in most all but the cheapest scopes at dark if you turn them down. You can't shoot, if you can't find them first - binocs are more valuable to me than the best scope.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Lots of truth in what you just said

You can’t shoot what you can’t see
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Leupold is the best bang for your buck. They have a great warranty as well. Also, I cannot stress enough how important that FireDot is in low light situations, it has helped me a ton..

Quote Originally Posted by Burgdog82 View Post
    Leupold is the best bang for your buck. They have a great warranty as well. Also, I cannot stress enough how important that FireDot is in low light situations, it has helped me a ton..
    That’s what I hear. Just picked up a rifle with a vx5hd thinking it’s 3-15-40. Most likely will get rid of it and put one of my Zeiss diavaris or meopta meostars on it in 3-12x56. I will test it first to see where it’s at compared to them.

online reviews and customer service
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I have a zeiss that isnt too shabby. Also have a Trijicon that I like as well

You will be hard-pressed to find a scope that beats what Meopta offers for low-light capabilities. From their Optika5/6 to MeoStar lines, Meopta doesn't disappoint. I have taken hogs in moonlight with both my Optika and MeoStar scopes, pretty cool when you can't see them with the naked eye but you can through the scope. I guess that's why they make glass for a number of other quality-scope companies.
    Bart
    GRHRCH UH MH "Jiv"
    GRHRCH UH MH MHQ "Sylus"
    HRCH's, Abby,Elle,Ruby,Jazz,Tex,Dallas

Best place to purchase Meopta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a fine line between HARDCORE AND IGNORANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by cole2011 View Post
    Best low light deer hunting scope. Really interested in the Leupold vx5 HD 3x15x44

Looking to see if anyone has any experience with a different manufacturer that will have equally as good of glass. Thanks in advance
    FWIW, you won’t regret the Leupold you mentioned.

Agree, Camerland NY, I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years, mention SCDucks and hopefully get a deal.
    Bart
    GRHRCH UH MH "Jiv"
    GRHRCH UH MH MHQ "Sylus"
    HRCH's, Abby,Elle,Ruby,Jazz,Tex,Dallas