Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wateree Strippers

Default Wateree Strippers

Y'all just got some more. I think he said 70000.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Hopefully one day they'll be able to bred them to sniff out live baiters, so they can all be caught properly on top water.

I haven't caught a rockfish in five years probably. I used to try and get on the river 2-3 days a week when I was in Camden. I miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I thought about going up river from our ramp and going after them about a week ago.. it's been a bit since I've chased them on the river or even waded out there across from our place. I only chased them a few times on the lake last year. The sound of them breaking the top after the silence of an afternoon rain fall just gets me going.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Hopefully one day they'll be able to bred them to sniff out live baiters, so they can all be caught properly on top water.
    I like to catch them both ways. Used to drag em with the Little Fishie at the Wateree

I thought about going up river from our ramp and going after them about a week ago.. it's been a bit since I've chased them on the river or even waded out there across from our place. I only chased them a few times on the lake last year. The sound of them breaking the top after the silence of an afternoon rain fall just gets me going.
    Damn right.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I swear everyone on this site calls them strippers. Makes me wonder why yall's phones are auto correcting it...

HS - you aren't wrong. For a long time now they've been my favorite freshwater fish to catch, and to eat. I look and listen for surface disturbance, paddle there as quickly as I can and burn some swimbaits a foot or 2 under the water. They hit them like a linebacker.

Last year on Greenwood I had my 5yr old daughter in my lap and she got to fight 2 after I hooked them, with my hand on the rod to make sure she didn't lose it. She couldn't stop laughing as she struggled to even turn the reel handle. I think she's already developed the same opinion about those fish as me. Every time I take her she asks, "Daddy can we try to catch the striped bass?"

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    I swear everyone on this site calls them strippers. Makes me wonder why yall's phones are auto correcting it...
    Strippers/stripers Both are a lot of fun.

They both smell the same

And I suppose being entertained by either of them will cost money

And here I was thinkin' the 'Shire's all prim and proper; turns out y'all got hoes just like err' body else.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Wateree stripers have a distinct smell. Not sure about wateree strippers
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post

HS - you aren't wrong. For a long time now they've been my favorite freshwater fish to catch, and to eat. I look and listen for surface disturbance, paddle there as quickly as I can and burn some swimbaits a foot or 2 under the water. They hit them like a linebacker.

Last year on Greenwood I had my 5yr old daughter in my lap and she got to fight 2 after I hooked them, with my hand on the rod to make sure she didn't lose it. She couldn't stop laughing as she struggled to even turn the reel handle. I think she's already developed the same opinion about those fish as me. Every time I take her she asks, "Daddy can we try to catch the striped bass?"
    Yeah I thought it was going to be a thread about the Beaver's Den.

That place ain't been the same since the sounds of "Harold get your bat" went away.. I'd stop by once a year when Patty had it, but preferred the Riverdeck back then.

Dad and I used to absolutely slay 'em after he'd get home from work back in the early to mid 80's. We'd troll rebel double deeps bouncing them off a sandy bottom along a ledge at the north end of ski alley, and wel'd free the spool and run to casting distance and throw striper strikers at them when they'd come up busting shad. You could just about set your watch to that first eruption. One day when we were trolling and waiting on the topwater action, dad's rod went from the pretty strong bend that those double-deeps would impart to arrow straight...he started cranking down to get the slack out and catch up with the fish when the fish decided to go the other way. His rod turned into a damn donut, it made a sound like a bullwhip, and it was over in less than a second. Once he got his plug reeled in, he was missing the back treble hooks, and the bottom guide rings on his rod had popped off the guide seats and were just hanging on the line. I'd love to know how big that joker was. The good-old days.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 04-27-2023 at 06:02 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I've caught bigger ones in the river, my largest in the lake was around 20 lbs.. it was our first year of marriage, and we were living up there full time. I didn't have the internet, cell phone, nor a working camera.. i caught it on a ledge near my house, near the old Saling Club.. I beached my boat and ran inside with it to show my wife, she was just getting out of the shower.. and she didn't care as much as I thought she would.

Me and daddy put in a Colonel Creek and it was so foggy you couldn’t see the front of the boat. We made it out past the stumps in the mouth of the creeks and was just idling along, no gps back then. The fog was down on the water and you could see blue sky above. Well all the gulls that flew over were all heading in the same direction so I decided to head that way, correcting by the gulls as we went. We finally wander into about two acres of striper on top. We caught 6 and I radioed a boat that was with us to come our way. Well we were no where near where we thought( clear water) so he neaver found us but we loaded the boat with 8 to 12 pounders. Fun time and the last big haul with the old man. It was a day to remember.
    Last edited by centurian; 04-27-2023 at 06:24 PM.

That place ain't been the same since the sounds of "Harold get your bat" went away.. I'd stop by once a year when Patty had it, but preferred the Riverdeck back then.
    I never got hit with it but he probably threatened me a few times.

I've caught bigger ones in the river, my largest in the lake was around 20 lbs.. it was our first year of marriage, and we were living up there full time. I didn't have the internet, cell phone, nor a working camera.. i caught it on a ledge near my house, near the old Saling Club.. I beached my boat and ran inside with it to show my wife, she was just getting out of the shower.. and she didn't care as much as I thought she would.
    I'd consider 20lbs a giant on the lake but I'm not an expert.

Women are a finicky lot.