Thread: Looking for a lease

Default Looking for a lease

Looking for some lease land around Greenwood county/Laurens county. Something to deer hunt, turkey hunt. If it’s got a swamp that is a big plus. Clubs or land that is up for lease. Thanks fellas.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I am interested in teaming up with you if you find something
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Found 44 acres but over an hours away and guy was wanting way to much for just 44 acres and mostly pines.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

passion
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    passion
    1,000 acres is 1,000 acres….hahaha

true
    check out milliken forestry. i got an email from them in the last month or so about their leases all over the state. i'll see if I can dig it up but its posted on their website somewhere.

and its milliken _________ now, not forestry. milliken land management or something like that? maybe timberman69 will respond....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Maps shows only thing open is in Charleston.

I was thinking about posting the exact same thing, you beat me to it lol. Ive had it hunting public land and fighting idiots. I used to pride myself on being successful hunting public land but anymore its just not worth having someone walk in on you and shooting you in the face.
    Last edited by pluffmudder; 04-26-2023 at 01:13 PM.

Kinda like duck huntin public
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Good luck finding something in the upstate. I’ve been calling and searching for 4 years since we lost our place. Name is on all the main leasers list but nothing ever comes open.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Very, very difficult to find. Keep looking and eventually something will pop up. Just may take a while.

Make friends with a guy that runs a club. Seems to be the only way to get on a decent lease at the moment.

Just another idea before spending high money on a lease in the Carolina’s - hunt public around here then spend all your resources on a good Midwest trip or 2 each year. I’d take a week in Missouri over a season in NC/SC

Yeah it seems to be.

Was in a good club out in Whitemire back in the day and got out. Some guys got in and started setting up stands right behind club stands and the club president was not enforcing any rules started to go south real fast. Then got out because the guy walked down a shooting lane and sat in one of his climbers he put up in the middle of a shooting lane in a patch trees. Last time I hunted it. So been trying to find a good one since then and have been going out west to duck hunt but now my son is getting about that age to go and sit. Hard to take a little one on a trip out west just yet!