Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunflowers 2023

Default Sunflowers 2023

Anyone else putting them in the ground now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Following. I'm going to be a lot later this year than normal. I normally plant around April 25th to 28th but I've been tied up and I'm behind schedule. I'm going to have bale some hay before I can plant too! There is one of my sons in this picture where my sunflowers go! So probably mid May if all goes well.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Just checked the forecast, looks like I’ll try to get mine in the ground tomorrow. Planted corn in the field last Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    Just checked the forecast, looks like I’ll try to get mine in the ground tomorrow. Planted corn in the field last Friday.
    We just finished up corn planting property wide with the exception of some duck ponds. I was waiting until next week on the sunflowers but like you said with the forecast I decided to go ahead. This will be the earliest Ive planted them.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

They’ve been planted for 2 weeks.

1 week yesterday

Yesterday

I finished up today myself. Corn planted a few ago and sunflowers went in the ground today

Planted last evening. Pre-emergent going down in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Barrels View Post
    Planted last evening. Pre-emergent going down in the morning.
    What pre-emergent are you putting down?

Today flowers. Corn in 3 weeks for ducks.
    Go Tigers!!!

Planting Clearfields next week........Corn coming up.......White Prozo Millet will be planted end of June.

mine got planted yesterday, apparently
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Let me go ahead and ask for Drduck to save him some time the last 3 days of August. Anybody got a field Drduck can shoot this year?
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    Let me go ahead and ask for Drduck to save him some time the last 3 days of August. Anybody got a field Drduck can shoot this year?
    You want to shoot or just work your dog?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

The field that I'm lucky enough to hunt got planted yesterday.

Planters ain't acting right. So, I reckon it's good he put sunflowers in the ground before cotton fires up.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Planted Clearfield Sunflowers on Monday 4/24 and starting to get a little rain today in Spartanburg! I could not imagine being a fulltime farmer. The stress of a dove field is about enough to do me in.
    Chemicals, weeds, deer fence, rain and mother nature are all out to sabotage it.

just think if you could just plant and let it take its course and then let the .gov pay you back if it didnt rain.....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    What pre-emergent are you putting down?

Dual Magnum mixed with Spartan Charge. We got it down this morning. .3” of rain this afternoon with more in the forecast through the weekend.

After they are up and growing well, we will spray again with Impose.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Barrels View Post
    Dual Magnum mixed with Spartan Charge. We got it down this morning. .3” of rain this afternoon with more in the forecast through the weekend.

After they are up and growing well, we will spray again with Impose.
    Gotcha. Im in the tractor now spraying Zidua and Prowl H2O on them