Thread: Weatherby Element Turkey 20 gauge?

Default Weatherby Element Turkey 20 gauge?

Does anyone have one and if so how do you like it? I can’t find one anywhere local in the stores. Hate to order one but will if I can get some decent feedback on how they shoot. They don’t come drilled and taped so I would appreciate any ideas on where to get this done locally if anyone knows someone who would do it.
    Thanks
    Bone
    Bone....

The Simpson’s in Manning had one last time I was in there I think. Been a week or so ago. And for a drill/tap, Carson’s in Santee can do it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Thanks Sir!
    Bone....

Instead of just drilling and tapping, have you considered getting a base for a micro dot milled similar to the slide cuts they do on pistols? The dot would sit much lower and be near the same height as a rib. I'm surprised no gun manufacturer has come out with slide cuts from the factory for turkey guns. Not sure there is enough meat on the receiver for it but it doesn't require a lot of depth.

I will look into that but I have not made up my mind on the Weatherby Element yet. May get a Franchi since they are drilled and tapped so that would not be an issue. I am looking for a light weight 20 gauge semi auto. Stoeger makes a very lightweight 20 gauge but I'm not sure of their dependability. It's not drilled and tapped as well.
    Bone....

Franchi makes an Affinity "Turkey" with a pistol gripped stock. Full MO camo dip job. Get the Sumtoy low profile RDS mount.

Be forewarned, it is set up with springs that require 3" Turkey loads to function. It is a dedicated turkey gun , and won't be reliable with 2 3/4" shells. One of my friends has one and loves it. It's light and shoots great patterns with a Sumtoy .562

Light weight? I believe it's less than 6 pounds.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I have been looking at the Meadow Creek Mount. Looks like a good option for guns that aren’t tapped.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    And for a drill/tap, Carson’s in Santee can do it for you.

I wouldn’t let them touch my sons red rider BB gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I wondered how long that would take.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Do tell…

I had one drilled and tapped and everything was pretty bueno. Thought about taking some more guns that I need work done to over there, but what’s the story? PM me if you don’t want to put it out for the world to see.

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Instead of just drilling and tapping, have you considered getting a base for a micro dot milled similar to the slide cuts they do on pistols? The dot would sit much lower and be near the same height as a rib. I'm surprised no gun manufacturer has come out with slide cuts from the factory for turkey guns. Not sure there is enough meat on the receiver for it but it doesn't require a lot of depth.

Mossburg does. Buddy got his kid that new 500 20ga with a RMSc cutout. It’s dang slick.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Mossburg does. Buddy got his kid that new 500 20ga with a RMSc cutout. It’s dang slick.
    I was about to post the same thing. The mossberg cut out is slick.

I looked at the weatherby as well but I’m leaning more toward a Mossberg SA – 08 too. Camo, l drilled and tapped with the pistol grip option as well.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan