Thread: Fundraiser info

Default Fundraiser info

Ok guys I know a lot of you a well versed on these things. We are planning on doing a fund raiser for my father in law who is battling cancer. We are planning on doing bbq plates and a gun raffle. The gun shop next door is going to help with the guns and as of now it looks like the winner will win a PSA AR15 and a PSA Dagger both in black and tan. I’m not sure how to go about the rest of this. Any suggestions on someone who can design and make flyers and posters? Also is there anywhere to rent a large smoker? Is there anything else I’m not thinking about or should be prepared for?

How many are you planning on cooking for? Selling tickets or walk in only? Last one I did was 1000lbs and sold sandwiches. 8$ for 1 sandwich chips and sweet. Or 2 sandwich bag for 10$. Most were 10$ bags. Are you planning on making the bbq sauce? I'm a little ways from you but I'd be glad to help anyway I can. You'd be surprised how much of the stuff people will donate for a good cause and it makes you have alot less overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    How many are you planning on cooking for? Selling tickets or walk in only? Last one I did was 1000lbs and sold sandwiches. 8$ for 1 sandwich chips and sweet. Or 2 sandwich bag for 10$. Most were 10$ bags. Are you planning on making the bbq sauce? I'm a little ways from you but I'd be glad to help anyway I can. You'd be surprised how much of the stuff people will donate for a good cause and it makes you have alot less overhead.
    We usually have a packed house at the restaurant every night. He is very well known and adored in the community as he has been the face of the restaurant for 58 years so I imagine we will have a lot of people. I haven’t thought about the bbq sauce and have no idea how to make a batch that large.

I'd be glad to share my recipe for 20 gallons. Might need to make that twice depending on the amount of bbq you need. Also I have a 40 gallon stock pot your welcome to use for it as well if we can figure out how to get it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    I'd be glad to share my recipe for 20 gallons. Might need to make that twice depending on the amount of bbq you need. Also I have a 40 gallon stock pot your welcome to use for it as well if we can figure out how to get it to you.
    That would be great I have a pot big enough just need a recipe thank you so much.

If you need or want to do catfish nuggets to sell, I'd be happy to fish a night for you. Dont know how to get them to you though.

I've found ladies do the best job of making flyers.

Also, keep the flyers simple. Just relevant info.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Get a lady or ladies to make a flyer and blast it all over social media. That seems to be the best traction that I've seen.

you may want to contact phillip miles with tailgater hater bbq sauce , he is a competition cook and his bbq sauce is in the local grocery stores, it is a hybrid type sauce that leans heavy on the vinegar and pepper side, he would probably cut you a deal on the sauce and may be able to help with the smokers to, and if you decide to do chicken bog to, i have a 10 gallon and 5 gallon jambalaya pot you are welcome to use, and chicken bog, or bbq leg quarters, is one of the easiest and cost effective ways to raise money

Let me know what I can do to help, bubba.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master