Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Highest Mileage Vehicle You’d Trust…

It may have been mentioned but have you looked at an older Lexus GX? Back when I considered getting an LC I looked at a few and they seemed to be a decent vehicle.

I have the best wife in the world. She drives a 2000 Land Cruiser with nearly 300k on it and refuses to let me buy her a newer vehicle. We have had at least 10 Toyotas and driven most to very high mileage with hardly any major problems. I won’t own another brand.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    It may have been mentioned but have you looked at an older Lexus GX? Back when I considered getting an LC I looked at a few and they seemed to be a decent vehicle.
    Yes, I looked at a GX, but the second seat doesn't fold down flat the way we want/need it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster13 View Post
    I have the best wife in the world. She drives a 2000 Land Cruiser with nearly 300k on it and refuses to let me buy her a newer vehicle. We have had at least 10 Toyotas and driven most to very high mileage with hardly any major problems. I won’t own another brand.
    I've had a 2000 LC for 23 years now, but after banging it up a bit recently it's being totaled due to the repair cost % of value. My wife used to like it, but now feels like it's a tank and hates to drive it. And, I also am hoping to find a couple of more Toyotas, since her Camry now needs to be replaced, too, due to a serious engine and transmission issue that's not worth repairing.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    I got this salvage title Acura for sale now, $10k, 150k miles. Only replaced the two passenger side doors, no airbags. We've been driving since about 30k miles.

Attachment 83106

Edit - does not come with the dog
    Nice vehicles, but what kind of insurance did you find with a Salvage title? I've been told many insurance companies won't cover them, and certainly not for collision. I haven't asked Safeco because I'm planning on looking at changing companies once I get these autos settled. Their rates have gone up 50% for auto, home and umbrella coverage the last two years, although maybe everyone else has, too.
    ~ George Washington

I have full coverage on our new salvage title vehicle with state farm, no issues

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    My point, along with eventually finding a decent SUV, is to aggravate you until you soak your sorrows in raw fluoride. So pucker up, Buttercup... ya' fat, grumpy, worthless fucker.
    dang. that's just plain mean.
    I'm gonna go cry in the corner.
    Is this a personal attack?
    I hope not.
    and prayers to the local auto repair business owner you spoke to....

and be careful KRT. He might go after you next....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    dang. that's just plain mean.
    I'm gonna go cry in the corner.
    Is this a personal attack?
    I hope not.
    and prayers to the local auto repair business owner you spoke to....

and be careful KRT. He might go after you next....
    I'd think you'd be smart enough to realize that if you'd stop trolling and harassing me like you have for the last 10+ years I'd stop pissing back while laughing at you. Now just grow up and let's just leave each other alone and everyone will be happy.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    I got this salvage title Acura for sale now, $10k, 150k miles. Only replaced the two passenger side doors, no airbags. We've been driving since about 30k miles.

Attachment 83106

Edit - does not come with the dog
    BET, is this the Acura MDX? PM me your cell number.
    ~ George Washington

Dang, KRT, you’re too intelligent to post what you just did. Maybe you’re hanging around with 2th too much.

The search function is great, but none of the threads found answer the questions I’ve posed. Besides, most of them also involve trucks, be they Chevy or Fords, and I don’t want any of the like. I assume that’s OK with you, right? Thanks.
    I can promise you I’m more intelligent on this forum than most. This is the exact reason what’s wrong with the world today… Google, forums, etc.

I speak from experience not opinion.

Broke vehicles feed my family and my employees. Not asking what’s the best high mileage vehicle.

Why ask? It’s your money buy what you want. I think it’s been well established that Toyota can hold their own.
    Last edited by KRT; 04-21-2023 at 06:54 AM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

And 2th has pushed my buttons more than any other on here. However his heart is huge and he loves my family. I have not hung out with him in years.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    And 2th has pushed my buttons more than any other on here. However his heart is huge and he loves my family. I have not hung out with him in years.
    He never invites me either buddy.

Those 04-06 5.3’s are where it’s at hunt out of an 06 Yukon with 277k miles.
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Google….

More fuel = more boost!!

I can promise you I’m more intelligent on this forum than most. This is the exact reason what’s wrong with the world today… Google, forums, etc.

I speak from experience not opinion.

Broke vehicles feed my family and my employees. Not asking what’s the best high mileage vehicle.

Why ask? It’s your money buy what you want. I think it’s been well established that Toyota can hold their own.
    KRT, I appreciate your even replying on this thread, but we're obviously not communicating well. If you'd notice, I've not asked "which" vehicles could be counted on to go over 200K miles, especially Toyotas. I have no doubt about it. Honda's are my second choice, as much as I like Yukons, et al.

What I asked originally, and have continued to inquire about, despite the varied replies telling me how well everyone's vehicle is doing, is "How HIGH of a mileage would you be comfortable going with a used vehicle (assuming decent maintenance, etc)". I've made it pretty clear that Toyota's are the highest on my list, just that finding one with the right balance of criteria before someone else buys it has been a hassle.

I'm not in the market for a PU truck, and especially one with lifts on it. And I'm surely not looking for any EV's, so I think it's fairly clear which market I'm looking in. But, again, my only inquiry from those of you who have more experience with older used vehicles and/or automotive repair expertise, such as you do, is how far to stretch the envelope without taking too much of a risk. I know my LC has gone 182k with few issues, and my wife's '93 Camry V6 LE wagon lasted 247K before it just shit the bed, so I'm obviously comfortable with them. The only question is where to set the upper limit on a used purchase, and I only ask that because every vehicle I've purchased since college has been brand new.

Thanks for your time. And glad you like 2th. He needs someone to put up with his personality.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    He never invites me either buddy.
    both of yall need to pound sand.
    Cant you see woodie is trying to talk about buying a car that he never will?
    oh and the ten year feud as his excuse to be so downright mean with his words....

KRT, I appreciate your even replying on this thread, but we're obviously not communicating well. If you'd notice, I've not asked "which" vehicles could be counted on to go over 200K miles, especially Toyotas. I have no doubt about it. Honda's are my second choice, as much as I like Yukons, et al.

What I asked originally, and have continued to inquire about, despite the varied replies telling me how well everyone's vehicle is doing, is "How HIGH of a mileage would you be comfortable going with a used vehicle (assuming decent maintenance, etc)". I've made it pretty clear that Toyota's are the highest on my list, just that finding one with the right balance of criteria before someone else buys it has been a hassle.

I'm not in the market for a PU truck, and especially one with lifts on it. And I'm surely not looking for any EV's, so I think it's fairly clear which market I'm looking in. But, again, my only inquiry from those of you who have more experience with older used vehicles and/or automotive repair expertise, such as you do, is how far to stretch the envelope without taking too much of a risk. I know my LC has gone 182k with few issues, and my wife's '93 Camry V6 LE wagon lasted 247K before it just shit the bed, so I'm obviously comfortable with them. The only question is where to set the upper limit on a used purchase, and I only ask that because every vehicle I've purchased since college has been brand new.

Thanks for your time. And glad you like 2th. He needs someone to put up with his personality.
    let's raise our hand if we actually read this hit dog hollering. anyone? Krt? hello?!??

We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

the canuck is here...

I've got a mason that does a good bit of work for me and he drives an early 2000s tundra with 650k on it. He claims he's never done anything but routine maintenance

I think we need a GoFundMe to buy Woodie a chevy impala....