Thread: Cabelas/Capitol One Sucks - New Card Ideas?

Default Cabelas/Capitol One Sucks - New Card Ideas?

Tired of Cabelas Club Card and their terrible service. School me on the best credit card, especially with a good points system. Thanks!

NONE! Make cash great again!

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN LAB View Post
    NONE! Make cash great again!
    This

As much as folks want cash it’s simply impossible in todays world. As long as you don’t carry a balance credit cards can be used strategically and benefit you and your family. We use a Barclays American Airlines card and platinum Amex. The AA card gives us miles for travel and the Amex we use converts to dollars on Amazon. They both have given us a positive benefit with free things from amazon and free flights for vacations. But again we never carry a balance which is the key
    Last edited by Biggie1976; 04-14-2023 at 01:59 PM.

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Agree with all of the above. I never carry a balance, so I use their money for free for thirty days, then I use the points to get "free" stuff at Cabelas.

I shat canned Cabelas years ago when they swapped to Mastercard. Went with USAA and love them! You actually get to talk to someone that speaks english, and southern at that the couple times I had to call.

Citi Double Cash card. 2pct back on everything. Easy to redeem for statement credits when I get the post Christmas bill every year. And I’m not aware of another card with that good of a rebate. We use it for everything we can and it gets paid off every month

^ What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by smallwater View Post
    Agree with all of the above. I never carry a balance, so I use their money for free for thirty days, then I use the points to get "free" stuff at Cabelas.
    Same here, I have a personal for the household and a business one. I run the heck out of them and pay off every month, zero finance charges, points for gear.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Citi Double Cash card is looking good.

I've only used AmEx since 1995.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Try https://www.nerdwallet.com to see which cards meet your situation and wants.

I dropped Cabelas right after Bass Pro changed to Capital One and in the first month someone in their Charlotte center tried twice to withdraw funds from a new checking account and their managers refused to look into it.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I have the Cabelas MC. I had a problem with a charge last week and they handled it. No complaints