Thread: JD 5303 Front Hub Leak

Default JD 5303 Front Hub Leak

The front tire on our JD 5303 has oil leaking on it. I assume it’s from the front hub. It is not a ton of oil. Any ideas what it could be and how hard it is to fix? Thanks.

MFWD assist?

Inside or outside of the hub? It’s likely a seal…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I am not really clear the difference between 4wd and MFWD assist.

Oil is on outside of the hub.

Seals most likely. See if the JD parts link works

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/...pgId/785717597

PartsList.pdf
    Last edited by Smilee; 04-14-2023 at 06:11 AM.

Where are you located?

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Charleston

Check with a parts person at Sparrow and Kennedy in either Ravenel or Moncks Corner. They should be able to get you a parts sheet showing how the hub breaks down. That’s where I’d start if you intend on doing it yourself.