Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon boat trailer axle

Default Jon boat trailer axle

I have an 08 Xpress with Backtrack trailer that they also make. Even though I religiously lube bearing one shit the bed. I didn’t know it until I got home. No idea how I didn’t feel it bc spindle is jacked. Need a new axle. I’ve contacted Xpress, they can provide through dealer. Looking at that route. But any local to SC places y’all know of I may can buy local? 2 places just S of Greenville told me today 4-6 weeks if I order through them. WTF? I see many places to order online. Not really that expensive. But I’d love to be able to roll in somewhere and pick up, come home and plug and play on the trailer. Appreciate any info. Tks.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Can’t help on an upstate axle source but will say put vortex hubs on it.

I replaced my springs, bearings, axle, everything a few years back. I bought everything from either Northern Tool or Tractor Supply in Greenville. I believe it was Northern Tool.

Try Wiles in Anderson on 28 bypass. He keeps a decent inventory.

Charleston Trailer or WESCO. There is also a Road King facility in Ashville that may have what you need. Make sure you have the proper measurements. If have to go online, https://www.sturdybuiltonline.com is the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Call Tractor Supply in Florence.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Charleston Trailer or WESCO. There is also a Road King facility in Ashville that may have what you need. Make sure you have the proper measurements. If have to go online, https://www.sturdybuiltonline.com is the place.
    This.

Redneck Trailer Co. in Lincolnton, NC. If someone makes it they got it. They are online too.
    Last edited by centurian; 04-12-2023 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Redneck Trailer Co. in Lincolnton, NC. If someone makes it they got it. They are online too.
    Word.

try agrisupply they have a store in florence or you can order online off their website, also there was a guy that builds trailers near timmonsville but i can't remember his name and don't know if he still does but you may try googling it

Lazaar's Welding in Augusta has been good to me.

Another worth a shot would be Stoll Trailer in Abbeville. Maybe a little lighter duty for what they normally do with cattle trailers and such but it'd be worth a call.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I got my new axle from Agri Supply in Florence. Other fellers are right, measure measure measure.

Quote Originally Posted by barrineau View Post
    try agrisupply they have a store in florence or you can order online off their website, also there was a guy that builds trailers near timmonsville but i can't remember his name and don't know if he still does but you may try googling it
    There’s an agri in Monroe, NC, probably closer to the upstate.

Agri Supply only has 2 or 3 sizes of painted axles. No galvanized and none that have fit any of my boat trailers FYI.

Wesco isn't cheap but they are easy to deal with.

I know its out of your way but Tommy had a lot of stuff when I was there a few weeks ago at the Trailer Shop in Mt P. Worth a call, hes a solid dude

I got one I been trying to get rid of in central

Whatever axle you end up with please lord dont put red grease in the hubs. This right here is the shit, it costs a little more but I’ve never had a trailer bearing go out that I’ve packed with it. That being said as soon as the seals rust out and I see grease (around the 4-5yr mark) I replace the bearings and seals.
    EE0D00EA-F5D8-4C9C-8738-FA2A7B37549F.jpg
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 04-14-2023 at 04:01 PM.

Sent a pm BET
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

You can check with this guy in the morning. He owns a welding business and sometimes works Saturdays. He installed a new axle on a trailer I banged up a few weeks ago. He had the axle in a day or two and it came with hubs. FYI, a 70” axle with hubs (brand unknown) was $350 or so.

Steve Burgess in Williamston - (864) 844-1920
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'