Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Offshore

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    I'm an amateur, but I've pulled one every trip in the last year and have yet to get bitten on the orange or purple. Switch it out for the same Nomad DTXs that everyone else pulls and get the wahoo (and a few blackfin) bites. I know people use them with great success elsewhere, but they don't seem to have a big following in SC waters as far as I can tell.
    I've actually caught a few nice wahoo on the DTX, all of which were in <100ft bottom fishing in the summer while looking for new bottom.
    About half don't run right, the other half break after the first fish, so I still consider them a POS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

The DTX I tried ran strait…..

Into my port long, every time.

Screw them things.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Nomad does have a great warranty department (cue 2th), and I've had no issues getting replacements. That doesn't do much good 60 miles out after one fish, and I would much prefer never having to deal with them after purchase. I've been lucky, and mine have run well out of the box up to 8+ knots, unlike some Mann's Stretch 30s and Rapalas that don't track straight past live bait kingfish trolling speed.

Shallow wahoo is neat. I think about all the fish I run over to get to the ledge (along with everyone else) every trip. Especially in a small, slow boat. Seems like there are several reports (and probably 5x as many that don't report) of big wahoo caught shallow by kingfisherman every season.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    We are planning a run over to Chub Cay pretty soon. Never fished that side of the Bahamas, but looking forward to it...
    My son just got back from the abacos after being there a month. They did pretty damn good. Blues, whites, & nice dolphins

What app(s) are y'all using for weather? I've used Sailflow for a long time, but they changed the layout, which I'm not crazy about. Windfinder is okay I guess. Any others you trust?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

SailFlow is the same, just select Blend. Buoyweather, Windfinder, NOAA.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Try old SailFlow. It’s the old style.

Anybody givin' it a shot this weekend? Haven't looked to closely at the weather yet; don't wanna jinx anything.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Its fishable but not going to be fun. Hope we are back in the water next week... got to scratch that itch!
    George Carlin said it best, \'Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that\'\'.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Deal on that 26, as long as motors not corroded

Even so, drop on some 4.2 300s and roll.

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    Scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Not sure I could get onboard with a 700k 34' Sportsman...

CV, Mag Bay, Yellowfin, or an Invincible maybe? But I s'pose there's an ass for every seat....
    Last edited by FishSticker; 04-13-2023 at 09:21 AM.

esp one with a hole in the side like that one. geez....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Holy moly.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Not sure I could get onboard with a 700k 34' Sportsman...

CV, Mag Bay, Yellowfin, or an Invincible maybe? But I s'pose there's an ass for every seat....
    That's cool. I forgot you were a boat God. And that's a 37 not 34. And the design, construction, build and components are no where near a Sportsman. Same owner of the company doesnt mean boats are the same. But since you've been on one, you know all about it. Tell us more guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Youch.

I don't get to go very often. If any of you fellas need someone just holla at me. I'll be glad to take a day or two off work. I've got the time. Might as well use it. I'm good for gas, food etc. Depending on your industry my company may foot the bill entirely. Just let me know. I need a day or two offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Good looking rig, I like the lines on it. What are the performance numbers? Y'all aiming for the Yellowfin/Invincible market? What's next for them, a Cat hull?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013