Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Offshore

Default 2023 Offshore

As the title states. All things blue water. Looking to make our first trip of the year this weekend. Hopefully them 'hoos'll be around and hungry. When y'all gettin' started?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Soon.

Out of town this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Soon.

Out of town this weekend.
    New boat goofin!?!?!

Caught small blackfins and dolphin off Marathon Fla last week.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Nice, MF. How far is the run to the fishing grounds from the hill down there?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

About 15 miles to the Islamorada humps, but you can catch dolphin about a mile off occasionally...

If it ever gets calm enough to take the little boat back out. Plenty of days calm enough for a Freeman ride though.

We are planning a run over to Chub Cay pretty soon. Never fished that side of the Bahamas, but looking forward to it...

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    New boat goofin!?!?!
    I'm running to upstate this weekend to hang with a buddy.

Hopefully get power and water ready for their boat this week.

Heading back down to S Beach as soon as I get the call. Weather been kinda sucky down there and no better this week. The dolphin bite should be heating up
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Already canceled 3 days this year for weather. With everything I've got going on the next few months I'll be lucky to go at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Been fishing since January....

Yozuri Bonitas, Sticker?

It’s close. Just got to clear some jobs up.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Yozuri Bonitas, Sticker?
    I'm an amateur, but I've pulled one every trip in the last year and have yet to get bitten on the orange or purple. Switch it out for the same Nomad DTXs that everyone else pulls and get the wahoo (and a few blackfin) bites. I know people use them with great success elsewhere, but they don't seem to have a big following in SC waters as far as I can tell.

Me too Socks. I have drug those mofos around the planet twice without a bite.

can we get a dictionary for all this rad offshore lingo?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Think big crankbait 2th.

Nothing but HST here...BB abd Pakula mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    Switch it out for the same Nomad DTXs that everyone else pulls and get the wahoo (and a few blackfin) bites. I know people use them with great success elsewhere, but they don't seem to have a big following in SC waters as far as I can tell.
    Nomad good. I quit using them a couple years ago. No matter how much you tell a client how to reel them in, they'll just screw it up and we end up having a missle shooting into the boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.