Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Offshore

Now you're just making stuff up.

Thanks for the help. I'm not far off but definitely need more big reels. We mainly meat fish.

I have 2 50's with braid and top shot and wind on leaders. I run them up close to dredge or bird teaser with the big marlin trolling lures. 6 rods when marlin fishing. One holds a teaser.

All the 30 wides have braid with top shot. We did not have enough line or the right gear to fight the big one. Not to mention our crew.

I run the 2 double feathers way back when tuna are around and we are meat fishing. Prob average 3 ballyhoo, a green cedar plug chain, medium chugger with a ballyhoo, add a DTX if near the drop.

If on a weed line I will run the blue and white feathers on a double rig medium back. Often catch two. I never have more than two feathers out unless specifically targeting tuna but they rarely hit anything except way back.
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 06-02-2023 at 11:57 AM.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

This has escalated into borderline passion.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

On a CC I’d ditch the dredge. Run two squid chains with 50s as short/flats with a horse ballyhoo and a plug. Run your 30’s just beyond the chains on the outside with ballyhoos. Run a long green machine chain and maybe throw in a planer/trolling weight rod if you have a capable crew. Too many lines and shit to keep up with equals lost fish. When you’re batting 100% add in another line.

Dang, deep sea fishing is complicated. I just toss Matrix Shad swimbaits on 1/4 oz jigheads to catch stripers in Greenwood.

You sound like you're from Minnesota when you say "deep sea fishing". Just tryna help, James.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    This has escalated into borderline passion.
    You should be taking notes on what buckpro and fish are saying instead of acting like Jimmyd and just posting to post.

You sound like you're from Minnesota when you say "deep sea fishing". Just tryna help, James.
    Thanks, Bartholemew.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    You should be taking notes on what buckpro and fish are saying instead of acting like Jimmyd and just posting to post.
    i·ro·ny1
    /ˈīrənē/
    noun
    the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
    "“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"

Help me make the mental leap across the sizable void separating “passion” and irony.

IMG_2038.jpg
    This was the wacky lure.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Sooooo,

Anybody looked at the forecast yet?

Like you can trust that shite. I just came back from Morgan River Grill and St. Helena was like a lake, but the South Edisto River was blown the hell up with the wind bucking the tide...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Like you can trust that shite. I just came back from Morgan River Grill and St. Helena was like a lake, but the South Edisto River was blown the hell up with the wind bucking the tide...
    See any six foot mullet?
    DILLIGAF

Uno

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    See any six foot mullet?
    Water temp drop hasn’t helped.

Living the life Jab…

A buddy just asked me about planer sizes. What do y'all run?

A buddy just asked me about planer sizes. What do y'all run?
    100 m sprints x 10.

4 x 800's

Some 5ks, 25's and a few 50's.

Dredging up the past….