Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heartworm/flea/tick meds?

Default Heartworm/flea/tick meds?

Bravecto/sentinel spectrum is my personal preference. Broad spectrum coverage. I have the ability to use whatever I want for free and thats what I choose. They aren’t all quite the same. I sell all of it.

Proheart/simparica trio combo are not labeled for intestinal parasite protection outside of hookworms. I like to know I am deworming my dog and also not allowing the dog to get worms and shed them into my yard or environment. Zoetis will pay for deworming if your dog gets worms on their products. They seem to generally not have issues in that regard but I like knowing I am deworming monthly and hopefully not getting a yard full of whip worms etc.

Heartguard/nexguard have been around forever and are supposed to be releasing nexguard plus which will be an all in one oral but they are changing from ivermectin (keeping pyrantel) to moxidectin which is same as trio.

There are rumblings that Merck will release an all in one injectable but as far as I know its still a rumor.

There are other combos out there that are good as well.

Edited to add: Vectra 3D is a topical and works well as a mosquito repellent for dogs and it also does fleas/ticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Islandguy85; 04-01-2023 at 09:09 AM.