Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rectec grills ??

- "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

My favorite for ribeyes is my trager(it was a gift) reverse sear. 1 inch or thicker. Smoke setting until interior temp is 115 to 120. Then I pull them and let sit for 15-30 minutes. Then finish on a grate over a chimney charcoal starter. I start the chimney just before pulling steaks, it is ready after steaks have rested. Not a quick method but, dam easy and good.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Yes. They are.

I still have old faithful Mr Charcoal. And an Egg. But these are wonderful to cook on. I have only used their pellets, and If I want some flavored smoke I just through those wood chips for smoking on the hot plate under the catch pan. I have had zero problems with pellets getting jammed up and having to clean out. I've heard all sorts of stories about other pellet grills, and earlier Rectecs but they seem to have worked that out. Again, I dont know about other companies pellets. My buddy that has an bullseye, keeps a vacuum beside his to clean out the auger every so often because it get stuck. That said he hasn't used their pellets sense he bought the grill. He says it's easier to go to the store and buy as he needs them. They come in 40lbs bags. I just order 200lbs at a time. They usually arrive in 3 days.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Recteq bullseye will sear. Mine will go to 750. The other models don’t get that hot.

I have a multitude of recteq products. They are legit.

Recteq bullseye will sear. Mine will go to 750. The other models don’t get that hot.

I have a multitude of recteq products. They are legit.

I use a basic gas grill at 425-450*- steaks cooked 3.5 minutes on each side. No one has ever complained.

But I'm just a peasant and feeling totally inadequate reading all of this.

I'll hush up.

Yall carry one.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    I use a basic gas grill at 425-450*- steaks cooked 3.5 minutes on each side. No one has ever complained.

But I'm just a peasant and feeling totally inadequate reading all of this.

I'll hush up.

Yall carry one.
    Nah, you're good, dude. You're a throwback from another time, a better time.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    My favorite for ribeyes is my trager(it was a gift) reverse sear. 1 inch or thicker. Smoke setting until interior temp is 115 to 120. Then I pull them and let sit for 15-30 minutes. Then finish on a grate over a chimney charcoal starter. I start the chimney just before pulling steaks, it is ready after steaks have rested. Not a quick method but, dam easy and good.
    I have been doing the opposite as of late, or rather the cold snap.

I would cook the steaks in the oven on 135 for 1 hour. Internal temp of steak is about 120ish by then depends on thickness and how many are in the pan. Salt Pepper to taste, few pads of butter in the pan.

Pull out let rest. While resting cut on the grill to "sear" by the time it reaches temp it's been about 15 min. 2.5 min per side. Medium rare, with a nice set of grill marks and hardened shell. Perfect melt in your mouth inside. Very consistent and predictable every time and no one steak is over done or not done as much. If you have an A1 burn it to death eater with you just leave their steak on 8 min per side.

It would make BA proud!

I leave out the anti freeze screw sauce!

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

You cannot convince me that y'alls palates are more developed then mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Nah, you're good, dude. You're a throwback from another time, a better time.

Did Hell just freeze over?

Just kidding. Thanks.

Last edited by Simple Man; 03-31-2023 at 12:30 PM.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I don’t care what it’s cooked on. I’m unsophisticated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Ghost View Post

I don’t care what it’s cooked on. I’m unsophisticated

That is good looking and I’m hungry now.

Charcoal is the gold standard for
    Sure

I never said I threw mine away.

I called it old faithful.

I do enjoy the quickness and versatility and cost savings of the recteq.

But nothing wrong with charcoal
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    That is good looking and I’m hungry now.

Charcoal is the gold standard for
    Sure

I never said I threw mine away.

I called it old faithful.

I do enjoy the quickness and versatility and cost savings of the recteq.

But nothing wrong with charcoal
    It’s my Pitboss . I have several grills and smokers. Got this behemoth on clearance for $150. Very convenient and good enough for my palate

Quote Originally Posted by mjiorle View Post
    Rec Tec 100% I have the RT 700. If I wanted to sear, I would go with one of the others that have a higher temp. But these things are top notch. Mine had a 6 year warranty. Their customer service is absolutely great. Some of the purists don't want to hear it, but the wifi controls are excellent. I can be 100 miles away and be turning it on and/or checking temps on the grill and food. They use a heavier gauge steel (stainless) than most others as well. Great grill and a great company!

That is what I ordered last night along with sear plates. Couple guys I know have them and like you love it. The 6yr warranty and raves about their great Customer Service also helped

Thanks for help folks.

Gave my Weber to my Secretary and her husband. They have a NG hook up on their patio and old POS grill that needs all new parts.

Well got it all together and set up yesterday

Gonna break it in with some chicken wings and drumsticks

Wrap that heat pan in tin foil.

If not anything greasy will collect on it, and when you turn it up to "sear" that grease will catch fire. Super easy to just wrap every so often. Good luck. You will enjoy it!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    same, either the egg cranked up, or cast iron.. I have reversed sear zero times in my life though..
    I’m the same, but I’d suggest maybe giving the reverse sear at shot.

It isn’t necessarily ground breaking for someone who knows how to cook a steak but it has given me more consistent results (medium rare). And I can do the oven part of the cook while the egg gets up to temp.

My FIL has a pellet grill and he can work magic on that thing. Even sear a great steak. I can’t figure it out myself.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    My FIL has a pellet grill and he can work magic on that thing. Even sear a great steak. I can’t figure it out myself.
    You can do it with a recteq. I know many dislike the pellets, I wasnt a fan when I first saw the Treagers. I cooked a few times on friends Recteq's. I decided I needed one. Great investment. I have decided I am gonna buy a bullseye to compliment the big guy.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot